100% Honest Review - Art

Ok, so:

1. Your lineart looks great! I only see a few times where the line has gotten too thin. If that’s intentional - keep it! If it isn’t, just make sure all the lines are sort of the same thickness.

2. The eyelashes look a bit off. Try to go for this look instead:

Instead of just doing lines for eyelashes, remember, eyelashes are curvy and messed up, so make them messy if you like! A trick I’d recommend is to point, and flick, like a tick shape.

1. I don’t know if you have used the stabilizer, but it tend to do this to the lips:

Don’t worry, you’re not the only one - I’ve seen this everywhere. The stabilizer takes away from the natural shape the lips are supposed to be. Before and after:

1. The last thing I’d say is to draw more shadows in the hair. The lighting is great!

Just place a few shadows in the hair where the chin and cheek is.

1 Like

@maddy_roleplayz @eilyk @Melissa.H

I’ll do all of yours after I come back from school, lol :joy:

2 Likes

Ok thank u :kissing_heart::blush:

1 Like

Thank you so much

2 Likes

Please review this piece! I just got started on digital art and I still need a lot of advice for how to use it

2 Likes

Heyy love how honest you are!! I have a few outlines, i’d love to know how to improve :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

image1%20(4)
(ik she doesn’t has a face)

1 Like

Thank you so much! :heart::sob: I was so worried since it was a birthday gift for my friend.

1 Like

Ok, so:

1. Like every piece of advice I give, try use some sort of stabilizer to straighten out your lines.

Outline things with closer detail, like the ear.

1. Sometimes, the lineart overlaps with other lines. Like this:

Clean those lines up.

1. The neck area looks off.

The collar bone isn’t just one curvy line, and the shoulder area looks more like male anatomy.

1. Shade under the chin and neck area, and underneath her chest.

2. The eyebrows look wonky - here’s a more efficient way to do so:

1. Instead of just brushing along the airbrush in the hair, use a harder pen for shadow and a lighter shade for the lighting, like this:

1. Use different colours for shading - don’t just use one! For example, in your image, I can only see on colour being used to shade. Here’s different pallets you can use for shading. The one circled in red is the colours you’re using for the skin.

1. Shade the lips. Right now, it’s plain. Lips have texture and shine, depending on whether it’s matte or not.

1 Like

Mkay,

1. You should start shading. Everything looks better once you do. Here are some easy tips:

1. Add some shine to the blush to make it look “cuter” if you like, lol :joy:

1. Draw the sections of the hair. It’s an Episode INK edit, so save an image of the “straight” hairstyle and trace over it.

2. Once you draw the sections of the hair, shade it! Here are a few tips:

• To do the lighting, use a hard and whiter coloured pen.
• Don’t draw hair strands unless the art piece is a realistic one.

(You can do strands, like this:)

(But avoid doing this when drawing cartoon - like Episode INK. It only works well in rare circumstances.)

1. This hand:

The anatomy of this hand is incorrect. It should be rotated.

Tip:

•The thumb is always naturally and casually next to the hip, unless the hand is purposely turned the other way round.

2 Likes

alright ! thanks<3

1 Like

For the first one, there’s nothing to say! It’s beautiful. The only thing I would say is to shade the flower a bit more, but that’s not really necessary.

The second one could use a little work -

1. Thin the lines a little - thick lines tend to make things look cartoon-ish

2. The guy looks fine, perhaps define the shading on him, but it looks like you’re a major in shading anyway so that’d be easy for you lol

3. The head on the girl is a bit too small for her body, and the upper body proportions are quite all over the place :sweat_smile: Here are a few sitting poses I found to reference from:

image image image image

1. The girls’ head looks a bit squished in the corner so it creates the illusion that her bun is molded and melted into the head if that makes sense? Draw the bun so that it’s separate from the head but still attached:

3 Likes

Okay thanks

1 Like

Did you use a base for this?

I can’t really see anything wrong with it, other than the fact that its shading could be defined, and like I’ve said to many people, used a stabilizer to straighten up some of the line…

1 Like

Ok, for the first one:

• Don’t ever shade with black. Sorry if that sounds harsh, but it’s a huge no no in the art community.

•Sometimes the shading is overlapping with other parts of the body which in unnecessary. Here are some of them I found:

• Instead of randomly splodging bits with the airbrush, define some of the darker tones and shading with a hard brush to show shadow. Like this:

• Shade under the chin and neck area with a darker tone of the skin colour.

• With realistic art, it’s more efficient to make the outline of what you’re coloring a darker shade of what it’s outlining. For example, if you are outlining a pink dress, outline it in a dark pink. This way it’ll make it look softer and more natural, and less cartoon-ish

• Use bright colours if you wish, but it’s always helpful to know that softer and less saturated colours are nice too :slight_smile:

Second one:

• If you used a base, then ok. If you traced over this, then remember to trace other important aspects like sections of hair and fingers.

• Look at hoodie and shirt references to see how they are shaded. Avoid doing random splodges of the blur tool or airbrush.

• Underneath the places where the arms are, there should be shading/a shadow. This applies for the leg as well (depending on where the light is hitting the characters.)

Last one:

• Some lines are overlapping the other lines. Clean these up:

• Is her hand missing or is it just tucked under the sleeve? :sweat_smile:

• Sometimes, refining the lines so they’re sharp at the ends creates a neat and more in depth look, like this:

• There are some places where you haven’t colored properly - fill in those white spaces.

• Use a harder pen to counterbalance the softness of that airbrush/blur pen you’re using to shade.

2 Likes

thank you so much :slight_smile: :slight_smile: still learning a lot about art etc! just started and i’m gonna keep on practicing :stuck_out_tongue: :joy:

1 Like

keep on going, love!! you’ve got major potential xxx

1 Like

thankss :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi! I would love some honest feedback :heart:

Thank you so much for this! The hair has been killing me and I don’t know how else to shade it :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Hello! Looks beautiful :heart_eyes_cat: I’ll review it tomorrow as I have to sleep now lol :joy:

1 Like

Okay, no problem!

1 Like