🤓 100 Reads and #100 Trending. Let’s talk strategy! 🧐

Oh snap. Did you know @lanafrazer_episode is an advanced coder?

We were discussing how small writers should form a group where members can focus on their strengths. Members also get a gauranteed r4r for up to 3 chapters.

2 Likes

it’s my favorite thing to code @MiyakoMiyu
Especially when the product is finished Gifs are Amazing

2 Likes

Ah yes! Same here. Once I discovered how to do them, I want to use them for everything lol.

2 Likes

that’s cool :sunglasses:
I think i know that.
I’m not sure if I’m advanced or basic i just learned form Joseph Evans and the episode forum and also @TalGordin has coding 101 class it’s on episode app i learned a lot from that before i published my story. Its helpful for reference or if you wanna learn anything.

3 Likes

@lanafrazer_episode how does one know if they are an advanced coder?

That is great question @Faith.episode.cats

3 Likes

We were talking about how self-learning eats up a tremendous time versus working with someone that has an advanced skill.

You get more done when you focus on your strengths. I think people struggle with working in a group and setting realistic goals.

1 Like

as another advanced coder, I think I can explain that to know if you’re an advanced coder look at your directing do you utilize overlays, timed choices, minigames or tappables? Does your story have elements that seem more cinematic than the average story do you spot direct your characters and have background characters! If you fit most of those and can do a lot of it without a tutorial I would consider you an advanced coder :smiley:

@Faith.episode.cats

3 Likes

I struggle with working in groups even in real life.
Writing groups would be harder will i gave it a try? Idk

3 Likes

Thank you @ihicks01. So far we have two advanced coders and two amazing writers participating in this thread.

We were discussing the importance of small writers forming a group to do r4r for up to three chapters. This guarantees you reads for you story.

2 Likes

You start off setting parameters for r4r. All parties are incentivized.

2 Likes

For example, the group elects someone to control the social media page. This person has to be super mature to manage the page.

All members read the story that is advertised. They share screenshots with the person overseeing the page.

If someone is needing a writer, a post is made on the page. The site manager connects everyone.

Just an example.

2 Likes

My story is already out and doing pretty well (at least for a small author like me :sweat_smile: I have 4 chapters out and almost 650 reads) so I won’t be participating in the r4r’s but I can be a resource for coding/story planning help and I’m also pretty good at promo!

3 Likes

Great job!

1 Like

Like okay, if you’re an advanced coder, that means your story coding should be realistic. Not just characters standing there doing nothing. Characters that have to interact, move around, etc. just like in movies and tv shows. Have choices, well written dialogue, point system, etc.

3 Likes

Thank you for explaining that to me.
:sweat_smile: well, now that you mention it i do some of those things without looking up tutorials :joy:
@ihicks01

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Also, stories aren’t reviewed unless they get high enough on trending.

4 Likes

Thank you @Sydney_H. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: My bad.

2 Likes

I believe it’s top 100 trending in any genre.
100 reads is for contest entries.

3 Likes

From what Sydney said I got the impression that your story has to be at least 100 reads and trending.

3 Likes

Well in all fairness, you’re probably not going to trend until you have over 100 reads anyway.
But it’s very possible to have over 100 reads (especially if gained over a few days) and not be top 100 trending.

3 Likes