11 hr hold on some episodes stories or all?

Has anyone else seen the 11 hr hold the authors are putting on to stories? I was just curious because I do not understand why. I’m not bashing I was just curious as to the point of it. I see how we could pay gems to continue does that go to the author? Another question is, is it going to be how all stories go? I noticed some stories after each episode wether you used gems to continue or not they still put the 11 hr hold which I was not expecting. Besides the questions I’m also seeing if anyone else has seen this 11 hr hold yet, I have a few friend that use the app and they haven’t read any stories that contains the 11 hr hold.

2 Likes

Some authors joined the beta to try this, so not all stories have this, only a selected few.

2 Likes

I saw it. I was recently reading “The Galactic Game” by Lucas and it had the 11 hour wait which was super annoying and the number of gems you had to give in order to keep reading was just ridiculous :confused:

5 Likes

Okay thank you for answering! I appreciate it.

2 Likes

Some of them wanted to many gems for me so I actually just stopped reading for right now, almost all the stories I thought were good had the 11 hr wait after each episode even after paying with the gems so I couldn’t do it. I can’t afford it lol

1 Like

isn’t that completed? i swear it’s completed

1 Like

It is, but I’m pretty sure the 11 hour thing can be put anywhere in stories and whenever you read it you have to wait 11 hours.

2 Likes

Nope, but I have heard of it. It just something they are testing with big authors and will probably release to the community at some point. :woman_shrugging: I don’t read much community stories right now, so that would explain why I haven’t seen it. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

It is completed but unfortunately it still had the wait :confused:

It’s part of a beta test, instead of waiting a week for the episode, like with early access, You just wait 11h, and I believe authors can decide how many gems it cost to read it at the moment

2 Likes

I like this new feature, it’s way better than the early access that has a waiting time of 1 week. As a writer & reader in my opinion the 6 chapters 11 hour wait the best option. I rather spend my gems on that, I dislike gem choices which effect the ending.

2 Likes

I do agree with that, although it’s annoying to wait it’s still way better than for example when authors put that one gem choice is flirt with love interest and the other free choice is say something stupid/embarrass yourself. Or date options and first outfit is gem choice and a beautiful dress while second choice is free and it’s something like a dirty shirt. It’s ridiculous and I usually stop reading these type of stories. Although it would still be nicer if 11 hour wait was more affordable, cause most of the authors want 15 gems, if I choose not to wait two times I am out of gems (and I am a uni student so definitely too broke to spend money on buying them) :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Totally agree, I’ve read the Doberman and she put 6 gems per waiting time so I think that’s a fine number.

1 Like

No I agree too, it’s just one author had it for 15… that’s to much.

1 Like

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this is about Episode stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.