1960 Story Help - BWWM

Hey everybody! Recently I’ve been getting a lot of story ideas that I want to make on Episode. One of them being a story set in the 1960s about a black woman and a white man’s relationship.

What things should I look out for due to Episode guidelines? What type of phrases/terms/sayings were used during that era? Any cliches I should look out for?? And 1960 outfit ides?

-tati :kiss:

4 Likes

If you swear, make sure to not do it excessively. Make sure to censor words either like f-ck or b*tch.
You can’t have any explicit sex scenes or suicide scenes. Anything like sexual assault, it can’t be very detailed.
Basically, since the app is supposed to be for 13+ they have these guidelines in place so it’s appropriate for them (a lot of readers are on the younger side anyway)
I love your story idea and can’t wait for it to come out! If you need inspiration for outfit ideas and more, I suggest you go on Pinterest or wait for more responses on here! Good luck with your story xxx :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you so much!!

1 Like

Of course! x

1 Like

as a black girl dating a white guy :joy: :joy: :joy: I think this is a really cute concept. If it helps to make it more realistic I would say in order to represent interracial couples, they would say, maybe have them feel weird when ppl look, I think pet names they would have for each other would be something like sugar, pumpkin, dumpling, sweetheart.

I don’t really know any cliches for that time period, besides maybe racially stereotypes. I don’t think for that time period, it would be a great story :relaxed:

2 Likes

Thank you so much for responding!! Of course based off of the era during my stories, they would be getting weird looks and stared down. But thank you so much for the nickname idea!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

you’re totally welcome I’m super excited to read your story. what is your username on the episode app

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: It should just say ‘Tati’, but my username is tati.writes if that helps.

1 Like

hey i couldn’t find it

1 Like

Oh no!!

1 Like

hey what’s your episode ig or name on the app I’ll follow u

1 Like

@tati.writes_

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.