1St story I Need help please

Hello to everyone here from the forum ! I started reading stories in the epsiode about 2 years ago and always had a strong desire to write and create my own story.
I finally gained courage and have watched some tutorials as I start and read about the guides lines of the episode but can not find a solution to my problem…
Someone can help me please, I think I did everything right but simply my character doesn’t come into play and the background doesn’t appear. When I do “Preview” in the episode it goes directly from “chapter 1” to “to be continue” … will it be a bug? Or am I the one doing something wrong and I still can’t fix it?

Try removing the “NARRATOR - To be continued…” until you finish writing the script?

2 Likes

You might be highlighting this line while clicking preview
NARRATOR
To Be Continued…
Try clicking the very first line then click preview

1 Like

I’ve tried it doesn’t work…

Backspace it out of the script? If not, add dialogue underneath, or a pause command.

3 Likes

I’ve tried too

Just delete that part and use it when it’s the end of the story then :woman_shrugging:

2 Likes

I am kind of stuck now. I’m not sure. Have you tried a pause command or dialogue from the character underneath “@JAMES enters from right to screen right”?

2 Likes

Or put @pause for 50 so you can have a good look at it :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Okay, that’s it! But it appears out of the background

1 Like

I haven’t tried to pause yet, I started right away with “@JAMES enters from right to screen right” as Joseph Evans’ tutorial says…

1 Like

Uhmmm. Your using the spot light…

1 Like

I’ve tried to pause for a beat but now the character appears cut off… nor do you see his feet haha

1 Like

I know, but your using spot light not the full character display which alot of people make this mistake, but if needs to be the full character display

2 Likes

And how can I fix that? Can you help me?

1 Like

Yeah, make a copy of your story and set it as full character display, then recreate your characters. Idk if there’s and easier way to do it.

1 Like

is there any option to put full display ?

1 Like

Like go to settings or anything ?

1 Like

OMGGG I think that’s it!!!

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s it