🎀 2 story ideas + need help deciding which one to dedicate my energy to🎀

Hi everyone! I’m a long time reader of Episode, but I’m new to writing and the community! (side note would love to make some friends on here!) Ive had these two different story ideas for a while, and I’ve gotten the jist of coding, but it’s definitely overwhelming having all these different ideas, and I’d like to focus my efforts in just one story for now. I’d also love some feedback on the ideas bc sometimes I’m scared they’re a lil boring lol. Ok enough yapping, here are my ideas!

1- First is about a sheltered girl who has been raised by her single dad in a small town in Texas her whole life. She lives a very simple life until a neighboring school merges with her in the midst of her junior year, and she starts receiving mysterious notes from a stranger from her past. While trying to figure out who is writing her letters, she begins to uncover stories about her mom who died long ago, and also develops a stronger self-identity. She also faces common high school struggles such as trying to mature, figure out her future, and go out of her comfort zone. She has two potential love interests, her childhood best friend who lives on a ranch, and a mischievous rich new kid from the neighboring high school .

2- The second takes place at an Ivy League-like college. The MC is a blind guy, who is on scholarship for swimming. He is a total Type A personality, and wants to go to med school someday despite his disability. His LI is an old-money pre law student who acts as his lawyer to advocate for why he should be allowed to be admitted to med school. He is mentored by a professor who is convinced he’d be a good doctor, and teaches him basic medical skills in his free time. However this also quickly builds resentment among fellow jealous students and professors that believe he has no business in the medical world.

I equally love both these stories, so it’s just a matter of picking which one to focus on first! Also if you have an advice/critiques/comments/suggestions pls lmk!! Y’all are the first ppl I’m pitching these to, so be honest!

Sorry that was long winded lol. I’m also typing this on my phone so apologies if there’s any format issues! I also tend to spew word vomit so pls lmk if anything is unclear! Tysm for reading! So excited to be a part of this community! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like the first one!! I always love little mysteries, trying to figure out who’s sending notes and old secrets from the past :ok_woman:

2 Likes

Thank you! I love me a silly little mystery too lol

1 Like

OMG I love these ideas! They’re so original :face_holding_back_tears: :orange_heart:
I personally like the second one better because it’s just so fresh. But honestly I think that the first one has more potential to become popular and kinda “open the doors” for you as an author.

3 Likes

Definitely 2nd, more original concept

4 Likes

You should go with the second one… story line is very interesting

2 Likes

For the second one, just wondering, but is he fully blind, partial, or colour blind?

1 Like

Hi! Great question! :slight_smile: So my character is low vision/partially blind, which means he still has light perception and some color preception. However, he can’t make out details or most shapes, and needs either a guide dog or white cane to get around. I hope that helps!

1 Like

Thank you so much!! :sparkling_heart: :face_holding_back_tears:

1 Like

Thank you! :revolving_hearts:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m in a disabilities studies course, and one of my research essays was about people with low vision/visual impairments in the work force, and it led me down a rabbit hole about blind doctors and other health care professions. It’s really interesting stuff!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.