2020 (worst or best year ever? ) Poll included

2020 has had a lot of ups and a tremendous amount of downs. With Covid hitting terribly and tons of American celebrity deaths that shattered all over the world it has not been the best year all around the world. This thread is just to see your perspective of 2020 with a few questions?

What do you think is the worst thing that has happened this year?

What do you think is the best thing?

Whats one of the movies that was supposed to come out in 2020 that was pushed back that you were excited for?
(Example: Black Widow, Wonder Woman, A Quiet Place 2,etc.)

Whatā€™s one of your favorite songs that has came out in 2020 that you like

if this floops then it never existed :shushing_face:

So Iā€™d like to know for you personally, 2020:

• Best year so far
  • Worst year so far

0 voters

Tags: ( sorry if you donā€™t want to be tagged )
@Youngbl00d @noyaan @CosmicIvy @Winter1794 @episodemichi @Randomwriter07 @Izzie_Silver

13 Likes

I think the worst thing that happened this year other than COVID-19 was the fact that school went virtual. Obviously, no one wanted it, but itā€™s something that has affected me detrimentally. My grades went down last year. Iā€™m in high school, so it affected my GPA (grade point average). It definitely made me feel a whirlwind of emotions (anger, sadness, disappointment, etc.) Itā€™s whatever now. Iā€™m a sophomore this year and I am hoping things will be better!
I think one of the best things that came out from this pandemic is that I connected with some of my old friends and got super close with them! However, I did drift away from a lot of my friends. This pandemic really tested friendship. At least I know how strong my friendships are. (most of them are pretty strong, thankfully.)
I know that another Trolls came out. I got pretty excited about that! I didnā€™t really follow many other movies this year though.
A song that I like listening to is Rain On Me. Itā€™s very catchy and such a bop! I love listening to it while in the shower or just studying. itā€™s a nice song with two really amazing singers!
This was really fun to type out lol sorry if itā€™s long!
Random tags from my end: @Amphia @PurpleRadiance @blanche_writes @ParkLow_G @xskullz123x @DalilahEpi
(sorry if you didnā€™t want to be tagged!!)
All the love,
Neha! xxx

7 Likes

Thanks for commenting! Iā€™m in college atm and my school got closed down and I live in LA so we got tons of cases and had to get sent home so that was extremely tough to finish the year somewhere else.

2 Likes

Of course! x
Aw, that sucks! Hopefully you can go back soon! good luck with school though, just pull through and everything in the end will be alright.
All the love,
Neha! :grinning:

2 Likes

I think 2020 was definitely a year that was not expected. I think the worst that happened this year was obviously COVID, but also my friendships. Most of my friends decided to go back to school, so I couldnā€™t text them and talk to them whenever I wanted to anymore. It really was a test to see if I had good friends. (I do, thankfully!) It also hurt me a lot to see many of my idols die. This Indian actor, (Iā€™m indian ;)), Sushant Singh Rajput, died in June, due to what they said was a homicide. It turns out to be a murder, but it is still being investigated. Kobe Bryant also died in Janurary. So many lives were lost, whether it was COVID or not. This year was just full of downers! :frowning: But, Iā€™m glad I have this community to talk to and I know, whether it is someone I know or donā€™t, I can talk to people on this forum, and they will not judge me! :pleading_face: I think the best thing this year that happened was that I got to spend more time with my family and try new things. Since I stayed at home alot, I tried out new art styles and had family nights with my fam. I was looking forward to getting Disney + to watch the new Mulan movie, but my family decided to not buy anything for now, and save up on money. I loved Ariana Grandeā€™s new song "Rain on Meā€™! I always listen to it, and it always cheers me up! Thank you so much @Makayla.Reed for making this! It is a good place to discuss about this year, since it has been so weird! I love you all so so much!

~StxrStruck

4 Likes

I agree a lot with this! I know my younger siblings do online school now and itā€™s hard to stay in touch with their friends. Thank you for commenting Stxr :heart:

About the Mulan movie itā€™s free on Disney+ December 4th so if you get the money around that time donā€™t waste it buying it because it will be out

Omg! I love Rain on me as well! <3

2 Likes

Ofc Covid-19. This disease has taken so many people and their families/friends away. Not to mention Kobeā€™s passing, Ruthā€™s passing, job losses and many others. As for me, ive lost someone very close to mean and im quite upset about it ;-;

TBH, not a lot that everybody can relate to. i guess for me; i finally got to explore what i actually want to do as for hobbies and explored my interests. before i just couldnt have time

Whats one of the movies that was supposed to come out in 2020 that was pushed back that you were excited for?
i stopped caring about pop culture since quarantine XD i used to be up to date with the trends but now im like idc

Every song from Alec Benjaminā€™s new single is fricking amazing and ive visited so many songs i didnt know i liked before : D (if i had to pick one it would be Demons by alec benjamin)

5 Likes

Thank you so much @Makayla.Reed! You are an angel from heaven! <3

1 Like

Iā€™m sorry for your loss! Things will look up and I will pray for your family and loved ones! If you ever need to talk, donā€™t hesitate to PM me! <3

2 Likes

Iā€™m so sorry for you loss :broken_heart:

1 Like

@StxrStruck @Makayla.Reed

thanks for the condolences : )); its getting better as time goes on

2 Likes

@Youngbl00d just know, I am your friend, and if you need to PM me at any time, please do so! <3

2 Likes

I know, I can barely take school seriously because of it being virtual, I feel like Iā€™m never turning things in on time, and as a student whoā€™s always been on all A honor role and other awards it has tremendously effected my mood, along with me only getting to see my friends who are online often, and then only on a zoom call.

1 Like

Hey, babe, thanks for the tag, so hereā€™s about me, I HATED online school, I thought I hated normal school before, but soon I realised that I hate online school wayy more, now the better stuff is of course the one and only Miraculous: Tales of LadybugšŸž and Chat noir! Iā€™ve been waiting for ages for the NY movie to be out! And for song, well I donā€™t really keep up with these trending things, not atleast unless I really like oneā€¦

My baes...

@ItsLily @hollywood.episode @talina.writes @xxOlivia_Meganxx

4 Likes

@Youngbl00d Iā€™m so, so sorry for your loss! If you ever need anyone to talk to, Iā€™m here! I hope things are getting better slowly, but surely. Losing someone is hard, but you can get through it. x
All the love,
Neha! :heart:

2 Likes

thank you : ))

2 Likes

Bump

Thankfully, I havenā€™t been evacuated (due to California fires), my family didnā€™t have any financial issues, and all my family who have gotten the virus have gotten better. Since most of my family is in China and France, their current situation is now a lot better, so Iā€™m so happy for them.

And Iā€™m glad youā€™re marching on @epy.neha! Iā€™m sure youā€™ll show a ton of improvement. Since Iā€™m also in high school, online school definitely has its pros and cons. Pros: Not many tests anymore, and the ones I do have are usually kind of easy. Less time commitment to clubs and band. Cons: No socializing, no marching band season, no meeting teachers, classmates, and/or new friends in person, homework seems a lot more even though I know thereā€™s less, I donā€™t work very well with tech, my back hurts (ā€œthat sounds like a you problemā€ - teachers), and I never feel like Iā€™m productive enough.

And about friendships, the friendships I really cared about stayed the same, so Iā€™m happy about that. I stopped talking to some people I liked talking to (but itā€™s fine; I know we can talk again once weā€™re in schoolā€“which may be in a year or months).

As you brought up, I got introduced to many new artists and cool songs, so thatā€™s nice. Rain On Me is also pretty cool! Itā€™s not within the genre of music I usually listen to, so itā€™s fun to listen to more things.

Summer let me focus on things I didnā€™t get as much time for during the school year, like coding and drawing. I started using art pens, and Iā€™m totally hooked. Itā€™s so much fun!

Iā€™m incredibly grateful, thankful, and privileged to say that 2020 hasnā€™t been absolute hell for me, since I would be lying if I said it was completely all bad for me. I still hope things get better of course; I hope the fires in California and the virus are gone soon.

I canā€™t say this is the worstā€“or bestā€“year for me personally. It is definitely a challenging year, and so many people have died and suffered (due to racism, financial issues, stress, mental health, online school, etc.), but I have seen some hope despite everything.

4 Likes

The COVID-19 pandemic.

The only thing for me that was remotely good was me taking a few acting lessons to prepare for an audition. The casting after this audition got delayed though, and now it feels like these acting lessons were for nothing. This year had a lot more downs than ups.

(Example: Black Widow, Wonder Woman, A Quiet Place 2,etc.)
I would say the Black Widow movie.

My favorite song that came out in 2020 would be ā€œPomegranateā€ by deadmau5.

3 Likes