21 Jump Street ~ Offical SG

21 Jump Street - creators are @amberose & @CrazyCaliope

The Story

So this will be based on the TV show, NOT the film! Cops are put into a high school to bust some students for criminal actions. We will be having a few cops and many students (possibly teachers too) for you to create. We will be posting chapters as frequently as possible, while also asking various questions and receiving your feedback along the way.

Set during the 80s, the Jump Street program was started to keep kids safe. Baby-faced cops infiltrate high schools, disguised as students, to try to crack down on crime. The program is still a new project and very “hush hush”, so no one in the school knows about the officers inside the grounds. If people found out, covers would be blown, parents would be worried, and the media would have a field day. This is why no one finds out until after the case has been brought to justice, making sure the officers identities are still kept secret.

The main goal of this story is for the officers to solve the case without jeopardising their careers or bringing harm to any of the students. While most students want to keep a low profile and just get through school.

What’s an SG?

An SG is a story game. Meaning that we, the creators, will be the ones writing the story for your characters. We will be writing long posts (i.e. chapters) as frequently as possible. After each post, we’ll be trying to include you by asking for decisions on what to do next and/or possible plot twists, etc.

Please make sure you check in every two-three days and continue to interact when needed.

Our SG RULES, please read!!!
  • DO NOT POST on the SG thread, PLEASE?! We want to hear your comments and thoughts but keep them on the sign-up/chat thread! Thank you.
  • Please respond to the chapters and question we ask you ASAP (within a day or two). The sooner you do, the sooner we can write the following chapter. If you don’t do so in the time limit then we will decide for your character.
  • If you are going to be absent, inform us and we will try to work round it. If you don’t then we will decide for your character.
  • Follow the setting. It is the 80s, so anything we ask of you, please try to stick to that
  • If you don’t like how your character has been portrayed in some way, then please tell Rosie and I in a PM. We try to fix it for you.
  • If you want a relationship with a character, then please ask that RPer before adding it to sign-ups. Then tell us, though be aware that we have already planned some out.

Thank you,
Rosie and Caliope

80s slang - To help understand some of the slang we use

FaceClaims

RPers with characters...

@Beth_Episode, @Etherwalker, @Wingsoffire, @areyouaqueen, @Lizard, @arielbelles, @candyxcx, @Ella, @KBaldi93, @themaystorms, @amaiaxx21, @Annaliese_Clairemont.

21 Jump Street ~ SG ~ Sign Ups
The Bachelor(ette) SG ~ Sign-ups/Chat
21 Jump Street ~ SG ~ Sign Ups

Chapter One

6:00AM. That’s the time the five, yes five, officers were due to meet their captain at Jump Street Chapel. Jump Street is a new program in the police department, funded by the council, to keep their schools safe and stop kids becoming criminals.
Entering through the back of the chapel, they all slowly gathered on the second floor. A large open plan room, with scattered office desks, one for each of the undercover officers. The only closed off room is the Captain’s office up the back to the left of a small balcony, which has all of their lockers for personal belongings. A narrow spiral staircase leads up to the balcony, as well as a fireman’s pole to come back down. In between the balcony and Captain’s office is the entrance into the room.
As for the room, if it weren’t for the desks and there were some beds instead, then this would look just like a teenager’s bedroom. Posters were tacked to the walls, a basketball hoop up on the vertical beam in the centre, and various stuffed animals and toys wearing strange garb and costume attire.

The ball hits the rim of the hoop, circles it, before rolling off and into William’s hands. He instantly starts to dribble the ball, weaving around Ethan and Blake, dodging their attempts at snagging the ball. As he makes his way back round, he jumps and dunks the ball.
“Righteous,” William called back to them excitedly while still mid-jump. Dropping back to the ground he turned to them. “That is how you play the game, man.”
“What if we didn’t want to play?”, Ethan replied, his tone neutral but William could tell he was teasing.
“Adamsen, why didn’t you ever play professionally?”, asked Blake.

The ball bounced a few times before rolling toward the entrance. A woman had just walked up the stairs and round the corner, stopping the ball under her foot. Though it went unnoticed. She bent down to pick it up, then threw it from where she stood. In it went. The three guys turned their heads, amazement and shock were their only expressions.

Finally breaking the silence, William spoke, “That’s why.” He looks over at her. “That’s quite an arm you have there. Name’s Adamsen, William Adamsen.”
Neil interrupted as he entered from behind her, “Ah, this must be our new receptionist that Cap’n has been asking for. You look lovely, by the way.”
The woman looked at him and rolled her eyes. “Carmona, Keira Carmona, but call me Kit.”
William moved past her to enter the chapel. “Well, Kit,” he began. “Has the Cap’n shown you where your desk is yet? We’re going to need all of last night’s answer machine messages written down before the meeting.”
Keira stepped inside, walking well past Neil. “I’m not some new receptionist here to jot down notes for you,” she announced, crossing her arms. She looked at the three boys in the middle of the room, then back at Neil. This was typical. After working so hard to finally get here, she still had to prove herself as something more than a receptionist. “I’m a police officer, just like you.” Though probably better than this dude next to me, she thought.
“No fake?” Blake chimed in, showing a grin because he was happy to have another officer around.
Before anyone else could reply, the Captain’s office door was swung open. Robert Hughes exited, holding a few manila folders under his arm. “Take a seat,” he ordered, gesturing toward the table on the other side of the basketball hoop.

The five of them take their seats, normally, except for Ethan. He flips the chair round and sits on it backwards, legs astride.
Robert stands at the head of the table, placing his folders squarely in front of him. “As you can see, we have a new officer joining the team today. Everyone meet Officer Keira Carmona.” He nodded in Keira’s direction. “Carmona, this is Officer Neil Taube.” Robert gestured to his left, where Neil was sitting. He was getting out his notebook and didn’t look up to be formally introduced to Keira. “And Officer Ethan Kane,” the Captain continued. Ethan was sitting next to Neil. He flashed a quick smile to Keira. “These two have been here since we started the Jump Street program. You might have heard of “Tyrell Thompson case, a.k.a Waxer.”
Neil folded his arms and leaned back. “We caught Waxer and his friend playing with a firework and a car battery. We charged him and let the other one off.”
Ignoring Neil’s comment and smugness, Robert continued with his introductions. “Officer Blake Brown and Officer William Adamsen were our most recent recruits.” Robert nodded his head in their direction. Blake turned to face Keira who was sitting beside him. He held out his hand, offering her a welcoming handshake. She shook it and smiled, giving him a nod before returning her attention to the captain. “So Kane, how’s it going at Northside?”
Ethan cringed slightly but didn’t let it show too much on his face, he just kept tapping out a quiet beat in the table. That was his father’s name, and he didn’t want to be compared to him, much less replace him. “Sir, everything is real calm at the moment, everyone is cooling out and staying tight-lipped and closeted.”
“Keep on it, Kane,” Robert instructed, before shifting his head to Neil. “Taube, are you breaking ground at Wilcox?”
“Not really much to report on yet, Cap’n. You know, since I started there on Thursday and then it was the weekend and all. I find kids don’t like to be at school at the weekend,” Neil reflected casually.
Robert pressed his hands firmly down on the table. “No, but they do like to hang out and harass their teachers. If I find out that it has happened again and you weren’t with them to make a bust-” He stops mid-sentence, letting his threat hang there and be more intimidating than if it were finished.
“Right. Sorry, Cap’n. I’m on it, won’t happen again.”
“And what’s the latest at Amherst?” Robert asked, turning to Blake.
Blake cleared his throat, flipping a page over in his notebook. “Well, Sir, on Tuesday at approximately 1430, Jack Williams was again called Jack Attack by one Isobel-Rose Davidson. It happened after-”
The captain let out a sigh. “Brown, remind me why are we spending so much attention on this Williams kid, again? I thought we’d established he wasn’t the dealer.”
“Sir, he admitted to me two weeks ago that he had bought drugs from a friend. If I can just get close enough, I’m sure he’ll tell me who the friend was. We already have it narrowed down to which two groups the dealer could have come from.”
“Is this Jack Williams guy the same loser you saved from being punched by a girl last week?”, William chimed in. “It doesn’t sound like he has many friends to start off with.”
“Because he’s punched by a girl?”, Kit queries with raised eyebrows.
Robert silences them again as he starts to speak. “Well, we need suspects, and the mayor is drilling us to get this done. So I’m putting two more in with you, Brown.” He picks up one of the manila folders in front of him and throws it to William. “Adamsen, I’m sending you in as William Andrews, a defective youth who likes to rebel. So try to get in with that crowd. Brown will give you more detail.” William nodded. “Carmona, time to get your feet wet. I’m sending you in too.” He slides the folder across the table to her. “You’re going in as Keira Carter, a cheerleader transferring in from across state. Everything you need to know is in that folder. They’re your transcripts, read them thoroughly. Taube will be your backup.”
“But Cap’n, Brown has been my partner recently,” Neil argued.
“Well, this time Carmona is. Will that be a problem?”, Robert said as he glared back, daring him to continue. “Very well, if that is all, then you’re dismissed. Get to school.” They all start to get up, but stop when he adds, “Oh, and be careful not to blow your cover. My son, Christopher, attends Amherst. Don’t let him figure it out, I’ll never hear the end of it. Meaning that you’ll never hear the end of it.”

RPers with characters...

@Beth_Episode, @Etherwalker, @Wingsoffire, @areyouaqueen, @Lizard, @arielbelles, @candyxcx, @Ella, @KBaldi93, @themaystorms, @amaiaxx21, @Annaliese_Clairemont , @QueenChid .

What we need from you:

This is an easier task this time, as it’ll help to set the scene in the next couple of chapters. Could EVERYONE please PM both @CrazyCaliope and myself their character(s)’ clothing choices for school. This can either be with an image or a description, just try to stick to the decade (the 80s) and your character.

Please send it to us by the 11th of September, so that we can aim to have the second chapter out by the end of next week!

Chapter Two

8:16AM. Crowds of teenagers flocking in the school grounds. By foot, bike, and even car. Hundreds of unmotivated students trying to get in as many laughs and conversations before the bell rings. Some meandered into the school, while others stood idly around waiting until the very last second to head to class.
At the corner of the parking lot, further away from the crowds, stood an average-sized boy in parachute cargo pants and a rather ironic, Fraggle Rock T-shirt. With a doobie between his lips, he took long drags. Starting to ponder about what the mindless richies were discussing on the other side of the carpark, before becoming increasingly relaxed. Fortunately, he spotted the red sweatshirt before receiving the kiss on the cheek, stopping him from being surprised. He pulled the doobie out of his mouth, between his index finger and thumb. With his other hand, he slipped it round her, drawing her closer. She was wearing a red sweatshirt with semi-thin blue and white stripes, which was tucked into her belted, faded denim jeans.
“Bay,” Matteo said softly, without a stress in the world. “You know I want more than that on a Monday morning.”
Bay’s brows knitted together and her eyes narrowed in anger. She gripped his shirt at his chest, with her fingers, and spoke intensely, “I thought we were more than that. I’m not just some bimbette that will be at your beck and call.” Bay planted her lips on his, making it to first base. Then pushing herself off just as quickly, she retorted, “That was only because I wanted to.” She started walking off toward the school’s entrance, her hair swishing behind her as she turned, as it was up in a high ponytail. It looked like one of the cheerleader’s pompoms. Matteo wiped the smugness off his face and took a few more puffs of his doobie before slowly heading in the same way as Bay.

A white Ford Mustang pulled into the school parking lot, and its owner took the first available space. The roof was down and Brayden could be seen behind the wheel. He wore faded jeans and a T-shirt that hung loosely from his frame. Turning off the ignition, he rested his head back on the seat and grabbed his box of cigarettes. Shaking the box to get one out, he placed the butt in his mouth. Lighting the cigarette, he inhaled and then very slowly exhaled. Brayden knew he had plenty of time to think about going to class, maybe he wouldn’t go at all.

The school entrance was a struggle to get through, while the corridors were even harder, trying to manoeuvre around students talking and getting into their lockers. Though there was one person who never had to worry about that, and she could always be seen wearing a red beret atop her bushy red hair. Today, this was accompanied by a black choker, red velour pants and a tight black tee, with a black, velvet blazer over it. The sea of students parted as she walked, and the few that didn’t, got a swift elbow to the ribs. Unfortunately, Jack was one of the students who didn’t see Isobel coming.
As her elbow made contact, she growled at him, “Move, freak!”
“Isobel, really?”, Jack angrily whined, as he pushed back his denim jacket to clutch his side, revealing part of the sheepskin lining. Underneath that, he had a basic white t-shirt and jeans, along with black converse. He couldn’t handle her right now and he was getting frustrated, he’d already got enough of it this morning, at home. “Just lay off it, alright?” Under his breath, he added, “Stupid.”
She pushed his books out of his other hand, the one not gripping his side, so they fell to the floor. “What did you say, dweeb?”
Jack tried to stand up to her but he was intimidated, and there was fear behind his eyes. “Я назвал тебя глупым, ты ужасный и…” Isobel gave him a hard shove and he stumbled backwards, not able to complete his sentence. Before he could regain his footing, Blake was by his side, gripping his forearm to hold him steady.
“Back off, Isobel,” Blake told her.
“Ooh, look, it’s dweeb number two. Bite me, Brooks,” she retorted.
“No thank you, I don’t like bad meat.” She was fuming at his comment and took a swing at his pretty face. He dodged before retaliating. Taking ahold of her wrist, he twisted it behind her back and calmly spoke into her ear from behind. “Who’s the dweeb now, Isobel?” He pushed her away from him and turned, ignoring the onlookers.
She watched them walk away and yelled, “You better watch your back, Brooks!”

Her head buried inside her locker as she tried to find some book she needed. Only her small, pale pink tee, tucked into her black, knee-length skirt could be seen. As well as her dark brown hair hanging down her back, thick and bushy, and in small curls, almost frizzy. Next to her, a wild-haired girl leaned back on the neighbouring locker, her foot kicked up behind her; Kiona. Kiona was a bit of a tomboy, in her boyfriend jeans and loose black and white stripe jersey. Though she wasn’t, her face looked aggressive when she wasn’t talking.
“If you get any further in there, will you find Narnia?”, Kiona asked dryly.
Brooke pulled herself out of her locker with a novel in hand. Brooke giggled and showed her the book. “No, just Sweet Valley High.”
Kiona merely rolled her eyes at this. “Enough of that putt. You can’t honestly say you enjoy that trash?”
“It’s not trash. If it was, then Francine Pascal wouldn’t have written three books AND be writing a fourth now.”
Kiona threw her hands into the front of her jeans and sighed. “Trash can make money.”
Before Brooke could counter this, a hand gently squeezed her shoulder and a male voice said, “Hey Brookie.”
She flinched slightly, then turned to see Jason and Charlene standing there. Charlene’s arm looped through his. She noticed Charlene first. Her thick hair and evenly cut fringe, perfectly framed her face. While her tight jeans, white crop top, and oversized faded blue shirt, which hung off her shoulders, gave her a ‘I just threw this on’ vibe. Brooke couldn’t compete with that, she was the only girl she couldn’t compete with, in beauty. Even if Jason is completely FINE. He wore a Members Only jacket half-zipped over a white tee shirt with medium-wash jeans and black military boots. Brooke warily looked up into his eyes, trying hard not to look too flushed. “Hi, Jase.”
After a moment’s silence, Kiona spoke, “Char, it’s not hard to guess where you stayed last night. You two the new thing then?”
Charlene replied with a smirk, as if to say ’we will see.’ Jason tilted his head toward her. “Just helping out a friend, Kay, that is all… She needed a place to stay,” he spoke with a little uncertainty.
Brooke was a little put off by his comment but she didn’t let it show as the conversation continued.

Tamara trudged into the school behind Zachary “Zig”, in a brown, oversized, members only jacket over top of a baggy tee and jeans. Zig turned round to face her when they were inside and out of view of the parking lot, where her parents had dropped them off. “Just because my aunt and uncle told me to watch over you, doesn’t mean I should. It doesn’t even mean we should be in the mix,” he told her, adjusting his denim jacket over his blue and white striped sweatshirt. “So this is Amherst High, have fun.” He turned, scuffing the bottom of his black pants as he walked away. She was left standing there in the crowd, a little enraged as she thought, I knew I always hated him.

Chloe tightened her ponytail, smoothing out the ends with her hands as she waited for Christopher to finish counting his bills. Chris paused, gave her a sheepish look, and dug deep into his pockets. He pulled out another dollar bill and handed the cash over to her. She accepted the sum forcefully. “You know I hate it when you keep me waiting,” she noted, as she counted the money for herself. Chris didn’t answer, just looked at the door to the boys’ bathroom to make sure the coast was still clear. “You’re ten short, Christopher.” Her blunt tone brought him back and his eyes rested on the image in front of him. Chloe was beautiful, he couldn’t deny that. She was wearing a plaid, bright yellow mini skirt, with a blazer to match. Underneath that, was a yellow cardigan, though Chloe had not fastened the top two buttons on purpose.
“C’mon Chloe,” Chris pleaded, looking into her eyes. “I don’t have enough right now. I’ll bring it tomorrow. You can trust me.”
Chloe took a step closer to him and fiddled with the hem of his letterman jacket. “You know, there’s only one other form of payment I’d accept from you,” she suggested, giving him a quick once over. He was wearing a dark turtleneck underneath his jacket, which could easily cover up any hickeys, should Chloe actually seal the deal.
Chris looked down at Chloe, not wanting her hands on him for a second longer. “Chloe…” He shifted his weight in an attempt to shake off her grip. He had said it as a warning to her, but when she leaned up to his ear to whisper his name back, it was clear she had mistaken it for flirting.
“Chris…” She moved her hands to rest in the back pockets of his stone-washed Levi’s. It was clear she wouldn’t get the hint if he didn’t correct his tone. He cleared his throat and reached around to grab Chloe’s wrists.
“No,” he stated sharply. “I’ve told you I’m not going to be like that with you again.” He held her hands in front of their chests, forcing her to step back. His eyes darted to the money - his money - that was still in her hands.
“Fine,” she smirked and he released his hold. She slipped her hand into his pocket once more, only this time to return his money. “You don’t have it, you don’t get it.”
“Chloe…” Chris said for the second time that morning. Though this time he wasn’t warning her, he was pleading with her. “You know me.” But she simply ignored him and started walking to the door. Her heels made a clicking sound on the bathroom tiles. He reached into his pocket and pulled out the money once more. “CHLOE! PLEASE?!”, he called out after her as she walked out into the corridor.
If Chloe was upset about missing out on Christopher’s sale, it didn’t show. In fact, she had already set her sights elsewhere. She picked up the pace as she saw the mid-length, brunette hair of a woman in the grey power suit with excessive shoulder pads. The woman was headed into a classroom. “Miss Anderson, I think it’s time we talk again,” she called and followed her inside.

RPers with characters...

@Beth_Episode, @Etherwalker, @Wingsoffire, @areyouaqueen, @Lizard, @arielbelles, @candyxcx, @Ella, @KBaldi93, @themaystorms, @amaiaxx21, @Annaliese_Clairemont, @QueenChid

What we need from you:
Those with student characters ONLY, could you please PM @amberose and I which class you think your character should start with. Please take their profiles into consideration. We will try to make everyone happy.

Class options
  • English
  • Math
  • Science
  • Physical Education (P.E.)
  • History
  • Spanish

Then, we also ask everyone to please fill out this Google form on how they think their relationships with others will be. Just give each character a rating, and if you want to then can add more information (enemies, BFFs, a crush, etc). You also don’t have to fill in all, you can skip some, BUT please fill in one form for EACH character. Just please take profiles and these two chapters into your consideration too. Also, there are certain relationships that HAVE already been decided, though we’ll still try to incorporate your ideas too.

Please send it to us by the 17 or 18th, so that we can aim to have the third chapter out by the end of next week or ASAP!

Also, struggling to understand some of the 80s slang we’re using, we’ve linked the site that explains them. It can found in the opening post, just above Faceclaims.

Chapter Two point Five

8:16AM. Students weren’t the only ones arriving at school. Some people actually get paid to do so. A faded yellow Toyota Supra swerved into the last available spot in the teachers’ car park. With a cigarette hanging from the corner of his mouth, Leon Matta turned off the engine and searched the glove box for a bottle of Old Spice, he was sure he had left in there. Disappointed, and empty-handed, he swung open his car door, accidentally bumping the vehicle next to his. “Shit,” he groaned, inspecting the neighbouring car. It appeared as though no damage had been done, and Leon was in the clear. He threw the cigarette to the ground and headed inside, removing his shades and hanging them from his collar. He walked down the halls and into the teacher’s lounge, he felt very Miami Vice. The bright colours of his salmon coloured suit and baby blue button up shirt weren’t the only thing drawing attention to him this morning.
“Leon, you reek!” a repulsed Moriko Coda stated, as he walked straight over to the table she was sitting at. She leaned forward, her white, short-sleeved blouse bunching as she brought her arms together to hold her mug. Moriko lifted her mug to her lips, inhaling the smell of coffee, trying to rid herself of the overwhelming scent of alcohol that Leon had brought with him.
“Bag your face, Korra,” he retorted. Leon looked at the woman on the other side of the desk. “It’s not that bad, is it chica bonito?”
The nurse, Charlotte Knight, lifted her head from the notebook she had been writing in to look up at Leon. From a sitting down perspective, both Charlotte and Korra had dressed similarly, except that Charlotte’s blouse was long-sleeved with black cuffs. She was unable to lie to him, even if he had just said some fancy Spanish words to her. “Uh, well…” Charlotte hesitated, closing her notebook and slipping it into her black leather handbag.
“Forget I asked,” Leon said finally. He spun the chair around and straddled it, resting his forearms on its back. “I won’t make life drawing this week.”
“Why not?”, Charlotte asked, cocking her head to the side.
Korra let out an exasperated sigh before she spoke, “I’m not sure why you’re informing us. You hardly attend the group, and when you do, you’re 30 minutes late.”
“When you do, you’re 30 minutes late,” Leon mimicked and Korra rolled her eyes and took another gulp of coffee. Giving a quick nod to Charlotte, he asked, “Did you hear about it boy and the prom queen?”
Charlotte furrowed her brows. “Why?”
“I assume you mean Christopher Hughes and Chloe DeJuior?", Korra asked with raised eyebrows.
“Perhaps,” he replied, shrugging. “Anyway, they broke up just before school started back.”
Korra slapped her forehead with the palm of her hand and held it there. You only just heard? That was a month ago, what rock have you been living under?”
Charlotte put her hand in front of her mouth to stifle her laugh, then trying to compose herself, she said, “I hope you’re both ready and have room in your classes. I just spoke with Principal Davies not 10 minutes ago and she said that we have three kids transferring in today.”
“Three kids transferring in today?”, Korra repeated questioningly and Charlotte nodded. She pushed out her chair and stood, as Leon sighed and dropped his head down on the table, with a rather loud bang. She looked at her watch and then started taking her mug over to the coffee pot to refill it. “I’d better head to class then, see you at break.”

Caroline Moore entered the staff room, her eyes searching the room. A few teachers oddly distributed around, a group of three talking in the far corner, and across the other side, Katherine Miller, by the pigeonholes. She made her way over. Carol wore a white, cotton dress, where the fabric was bunched together at her waist, like someone had just sewn a long-sleeved blouse and long skirt together. It seemed as if she was trying to dress for a certain time period today. On the other hand, Katherine couldn’t have been more opposite. If it weren’t for her obvious signs of ageing, she could have looked like one of the students. Wearing a black Metallica T-shirt, black and purple patterned surfer pants, and white Nike sneakers.
“Kath, I was wondering if I could-” she started saying, but Katherine shut her eyes and pursed her lips, shaking her head. “Can I just-”
Kath cut her off again, “No, no, I really don’t need to hear any more of your advice, especially not on a Monday morning.”
Carol pouted, her full lips looking even larger than normal. She held her long and slender hands out defensively, trying not to look down on her, despite being a foot taller. “Nothing like that. I was actually wanting your advice.”
Kath’s interest piqued as this and she tilted her head at Caroline curiously. “Advice from me?”
Caroline nodded. “Cooking advice, more specifically.” She debated whether she should give Kath more information. She was generally a more private person, but she was in need of help. “The other women in my book club has started baking scones and other assortments, and I can’t serve store-bought snacks to them anymore… Not now that they’re putting in so much effort.”
Kath folded her arms and smirked at Carol. “So you think because I’m the cafeteria lady that I must have some fantastic scone recipe that’s been in my family for generations?” That had been what Carol was hoping for, but now that Kath had put it like that, she realised how wrong it was for her to assume that.
Kath, seeing Carol’s confusion, decided to put an end to Caroline’s torture. It wasn’t as fun to trick a fellow colleague as it was to tease the students. “I’m only messing with you, Carol. Swing by the cafeteria during third period. I don’t have a scone recipe, but I can show you how to make banana bread. You have a break then, no?”
Carol pondered this a moment, “How’d you know?”
Kath shrugged, letting a small smirk creep up and crinkle the corners of her mouth. “I know a lot more than you think, as I have eyes everywhere. See you in third,” she told her. Then grabbed her apron from her cubby and walked out, leaving Carol with a look of slight confusion.

Kylee Anderson walked confidently down the corridor. She had such a soft face for someone who works out, though even under her pantsuit people can see how tough and fit she is. Approaching a classroom door, she knocked, waited, and entered. Elizabeth Elliot was sitting at her desk, in the front corner of the room, scribbling ferociously. Her thick, heavily hair sprayed hair sat on her shoulders. Deep wrinkles were etched into her forehead as her brows furrowed further and her scowl became more prominent. She was a short, plump woman, who had to sit on an extra cushion just to sit comfortably at her desk.
“Elizabeth, a moment?”, Kylee asked, closing the door behind her. Elizabeth didn’t look up, only flicked her hand toward her in a gesture to continue, and so she did, hesitatingly. “It’s about Matteo Hayes. He’s barely in class, and when he is, he either seems to be dazed or unresponsive. Do you have this issue? Should I inform someone about it?”
“No need to involve anyone else. You only need to learn not let him get away with it. You’re letting him get away with it. Stand your ground and show him who is superior” Elizabeth told her in an apathetic tone.
Kylee brushed her hair back behind her ear. “I suppose you’re right, I could-”
“Good, good,” Elizabeth interrupted, not really hearing her. “Can you shut the door on your way out?!”
To stop herself retorting angrily, Kylee had to bite her tongue. She turned swiftly and left, heading to her own classroom. Once at her door, she heard, “Miss Anderson, I think it’s time we talk again.” Both dread and relief filled her mind.

RPers with characters...

@Beth_Episode, @Etherwalker, @Wingsoffire, @areyouaqueen, @Lizard, @arielbelles, @candyxcx, @Ella, @KBaldi93, @themaystorms, @amaiaxx21, @Annaliese_Clairemont, @QueenChid

This half chapter was just a little something extra for you guys, that’s why we have no questions at the end. We will be starting on chapter three, the beginning of classes, shortly.

Chapter Three

8:30AM. The bell rings. A sudden urgency and tension filled the air as students rushed to their classes from the other end of school. All but two that is. Hidden away in a rarely used storage room, they were making a deal. Matteo finger-combed his hair backwards, as he pulled out a couple folded notes from his back pocket while staring at the student before him.
“Knock it off. You’ll get the stuff, Matt,” the boy told him.
“I know I will, I just need it now,” he replied, stressing the word ‘need’ to show great importance. He thrust the dough into his hands.
The boy looked at it, satisfied that it was the correct amount. “I know how desperate you are for it. You’re a loyal, I’ll always look after you, dude.” So long as you have the money, he thought. Then, he moved around Matteo and reached for a small metal box, hidden behind a box of paper. Stepping back and offering the box, he told him, “Don’t get any ideas, I never use the same location more than once.”
Matteo snatched the box out of his hand, eyes fueled with a sudden fire, and left the room quickly, without another word.

“I hope you like it here at Amherst, Miss Petersen.”
Sitting in the Principal’s confined office, listening to her go on about the school and such nonsense, when all that was running through her mind was how much of a dickweed her cousin had been. All she had heard Principal Davies say was her name, which brought her back to reality. She stood and took her new timetable, standing a few inches taller than her superior who was in heels.
“Miss Petersen, please send in the next student,” Davies told her as she left. Out of the door, she looked around the even smaller, windowless reception, and set eyes upon the next student waiting. “Your turn,” she told him before heading for her first class. In the corridor, she had almost immediately got bowled over by another student running out of an old storage room.
The student who was waiting had now moved into the Principal’s office, but stood close to the door until she spoke to him.
“William Andrews, so you had a truancy problem at Northside High?”, Davies asked as he took a seat in front of her desk, which was heavily stacked with paperwork.
“Yes, ma’am.” He smiled gleefully. “The teachers weren’t interesting enough to keep me in class.”
Her tone grew colder, “You will address me as Principal Davies, nothing else.”
He sat up, speaking seriously, “Yes, Principal Davies Nothing Else.”

Chloe sat at a desk in the centre-front of the room, smirking at Mrs Anderson as she wrote on the chalkboard, which took up most of the front wall. Bay walked through the door and instantly rolled her eyes when seeing Chloe, then took a seat further back. Chloe’s smirk only grew when she saw Bay, noticing how constricted her pupils were. She turned to her and asked, “Where are you buying from? Or are you the product tester?”
“Why do you want to know? Finally realise you need something to improve your below average cheerleading ability?”, Bay snapped.
Chloe’s smirk faded quickly, but her attention was grabbed before she could retort. Along with the others who had been entering the classroom, Jason walked in and sat at the desk to the right of Chloe. “Hey, good weekend?”
She rolled her eyes and faced the front. “Shut up, Jase!” He sighed and flipped open his book.
Mrs Anderson walked to the door, closed it, then cleared her throat to get the attention of the class. The noise started to die down after thirty seconds and she started to speak, walking back to the centre. “Good morning. Continuing on from last week; Integers and rational numbers. I’ve written 15 equations on the board, write them down and try to solve-” She’s interrupted by a knock at the door. She walked back over and opened the door, showing a fresh-faced, gum-chewing Keira to the room. “Yes?”
“New! I’m in your class,” she said, rolling her eyes and entering the room after handing her the class slip she was given. He frizzy, brunette hair sat out and hanging at the sides, but held back off her face by a fluorescent orange headband. She wore loose orange and white, geometric-patterned dungarees, made of the same material (cotton). She also had a thick, black belt/band around her waist, which matched her black canvas shoes. Her narrow eyes looked bored and even slimmer as she scanned the room, though her freckles were youthful and made it harder to distinguish her age.
Keira’s attention was drawn to the two girls sleeping on their desks at the back of the room. One had long blonde hair, while the other had long ginger, slightly dirty blonde hair. They were the school writers - ran the newspaper, Yearbook committee, and the school’s gossip mill.
“Alright class, this is Keira Carter, she’s joining us from Jefferson. Please take a seat, Miss Carter. Take out your book and do these exercises along with the class.” Keira took the empty seat to Chloe’s left then took out her notebook, but continued to search her bag.
“FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK!”, groaned the ginger sleeping girl, without lifting her head. The whole class turned in shock and disbelief that someone would use such language in Anderson’s class! Though many were sniggering as well, including Keira. She dumped her bag next to her, then leaned over to Chloe and whispered, “Hey, so that I can at least pretend to do work, do you have a spare pencil?”
Miss Anderson snapped her ruler on the table. The class died down and Chloe handed Keira her own pencil. “Good start to the day, new girl. But trust me, you’ll soon learn that you won’t even need a pencil.”
“I don’t even know you,” Keira muttered a reply. Chloe just smiled at her and shrugged.

Blake took his assigned seat in the science lab, as Jack sat down on the stool to the left of him. Not long after, Charlene entered the room confidently and sat down on the right side of Blake. The three had filled the bench in the third row and took out their books in silence. Usually, Blake wouldn’t speak to Charlene, she’d never seemed all that welcoming to him and Jack had never been fond of her either. But something was different today. The fact that the captain thought he needed backup had rattled him. It implied that Blake wasn’t capable of closing this case on his own; that he hadn’t been doing a sufficient job. As the room started to fill up with other students, Blake turned slightly to face Charlene. “So… did you do anything spiffy over the weekend?”
Almost simultaneously, Jack jerked his leg under the table to kick Blake, looking at him with widened his eyes, mentally pleading with him to stop the conversation with her. He’d already had to deal with Isobel this morning, and now Blake was going to willingly interact with this mall-maggot.
“Were you talking to me?”, Charlene replied, a little taken aback. He turned back to face her, ignoring the look Jack was still giving him and nodded.
“Yes, did you get up to anything mondo?”, he rephrased his first question.
She looked him up and down. He was wearing a pale pink button-down shirt, with a pink cardigan tied around his shoulders. The checkered bow tie he had added stuck out to her like a sore thumb. It was bad enough that she was forced to sit next to these two hosers, but now they wanted to find out about her social life. “No doy,” she scoffed sarcastically.
Before Blake could make his second attempt, Ms Frizzle had entered the room. A hush fell over the classroom. She was the most interesting and well-loved teachers. Her adventurous, hands-on teaching approach was what gave her the highest yearly student attendance rate, but also the next highest pass rate below Ms Elliot’s English class. Students never returned to her class the following, because, after one year with her, they’d be able to take a specified science.
Today was no different than any other, Ms Frizzle’s frizzy red hair was up in a messy bun, and she wore one of her signature 1950s circle dresses. Each one always had some kind of science-related pattern. “Take chances, make mistakes, and get messy!”, she exclaimed, clasping her hands together.

Ms Elliot remained seated at her desk as the sophomore class filled the room. Students quickly made their way to their seats, not wanting to agitate her by taking too long. Brooke took her seat in the second row, directly next to the window, where she would be able to catch a glimpse of the P.E. class if she was lucky.
“You’re going to stare out that window fantasizing about Jason during Ms Helliot’s class?”, Kiona queried, turning around from her front-row seat to face Brooke. She knew better than to get distracted in Helliot’s class and she thought Brooke was smarter than that too.
Brooke just rolled her eyes. “He doesn’t even have P.E. until second,” she hissed back.
Ms Elliot stood up from behind her desk and her navy blue and red jersey dropped, hanging from her frame. “Miss Langley, Miss Jensen, is there something you would both like to share with the class?” Elizabeth waited for an answer.
“No, Ms Elliot,” Kiona said sheepishly, slumping back into her chair.
“Very well, then please turn around,” Ms Elliot then faced the entire class. “If that’s the case, Miss Langley, you won’t mind collecting the homework I assigned over the weekend from the rest of the class.”
Kiona reluctantly stood up and made her way through the aisles, collecting everyone’s papers. When Kiona was halfway to the back of the room, with a half-stack of papers, there was a student who tumbled into the classroom; Tamara. Tamara caught her footing and stopping herself from landing on the floor, then announced to the room, “Sorry about that, it’s just a cheaper and faster trip than going by plane.”
Many students snickered at her comment and there were a couple who groaned, but fell silent when Ms Elliot spoke firmly, “Who are you?”
“Tamara Petersen. Transfer,” she replied quickly.
Ms Elliot stared at her. “Very well, find a spare seat.” Then Ms Elliot realised there was only one spare, Matteo’s usual seat. Maybe Kylee was right to be concerned. No, no, he’s just your usual dropkick, she thought.
Tamara walked to the spare desk beside Brooke. “Is this one free?”, she asked her.
Before Brooke could answer, Kiona had returned to her spot. “That’s Matteo’s seat.”
Brooke rolled her eyes at the mention of Matteo. “Please take it,” she urged Tamara. “If Matteo even bothers to show up for class, I don’t want to sit near him anyway.”
Tamara was slightly confused at the stigma about Matteo, but she sat down regardless.
“Funny how you never seemed to mind sitting next to him when you were dating him,” Kiona pointed out.
“Ignore her,” Brooke warned, smiling at Tamara. She didn’t need the new girl to find out she was once foolish enough to date Matteo, especially since she still liked him.
Ms Elliot cleared her throat loud enough for the three girls to hear. “Miss Petersen, I suggest you don’t come in late and disrupt my class again.”

Brayden swung around the door frame five minutes after the bell, a little happier than normal today. Mr Tales still hadn’t arrived. Must not be midnight yet, he thought. The class was already seated, only a few spaces available. So he dumped his books down on the desk to the right of Christopher, sat in the chair and kicked his feet up over the table. Resting his hands behind his head, Brayden gave Chris a nod and said, “How is Princess Chloe’s best henchmen today?”
Chris chuckled. “Funny, man, but don’t quit your day job!”
Brayden raised a brow. “Job? What’s that now? Who wants one of them?”
Zig slid into the classroom, still scuffing the cuffs of his pants. “Now, now, enough of that.” He placed his books down on the teacher’s desk. “I know I’m late, I actually had a very important meeting to attend to. Now which boring part in history were we talking about last week?”
“Sit down, Zachary, don’t be a tard,” Brayden called out. Zig smiled, picked up his books and went to take his seat behind Chris, high-fiving kids on the way past.
Mr Tales walked into the classroom. “Now, now, enough of that.” He placed his briefcase on his desk. “I know I’m late, I had some car trouble.”
Some class member called out, “Don’t you think it’s time for a new car, sir?”
The class roared with laughter, but Mr Tales simply ignored them. “Now which part in history were we talking about last week? Who can tell me?”
Chris raised his hand. “Revolutionary war, sir.”
“Of course you would know,” Zig said quietly enough that Mr Tales wouldn’t be able to hear. He waited for Brayden to jump in and add something like he normally would, but Brayden’s attention was elsewhere. He was fixated on the student sitting behind him who had made the comment about Mr Tales’ car. Anyone that could beat Zig to the punch was someone Brayden could get along with.
Mr Tales had turned to write on the board. “Now open your books and get this down,” he directed the students. The longer his back was turned, the more restless the class grew, until the idle whispers had evolved to talking rather loudly in groups.
“Zachary, where was my weekly newsletter?”, Brayden asked.
“What are you talking about, dude? You were only suspended for a week. Nothing interesting happened.”
Brayden gestured again for Zig to look next to him, this time widening his eyes until Zig finally turned to see for himself.
William looked like a true hessian, wearing black from head to toe. His knees were exposed through the holes in his jeans, with tall combat boot and a worn, well-loved leather jacket, that if it had patches then he’d fit perfectly into a gang.
Brayden swivelled in his seat and pushed himself back in his chair, using only the two back legs to support him, then leaned his arm on William’s desk. William’s pen dangled from the corner of his lip as he smirked at Zig.
“S’up?” Zig grinned cheesily.
William pulled the pen out of his mouth as if it were a cigarette, as Brayden began to speak. “I’m Brayden, that’s Zig,” he gestured. “Who are you?”
“Will, short for William, but no one calls me that,” he answered. He preferred Willie, but that just wouldn’t suit the cover.
Chris spun around in his spot, having heard their conversation. “I’m Chris Hughes, did you transfer in today?”
Hughes… William nodded in response to Chris. So this was the captain’s son. He thought, ruling him off the list of possible suspects.
“Just turn around and go back to copying notes, Golden Boy, your princess wouldn’t want you talking to us,” Brayden teased and Zig chuckled. “Though this kid,” Brayden continued, giving a nod to Will. “This kid doesn’t seem like a nark, right Zachary?” Zig nodded gleefully.

Matteo left speedily, not even seeing who he’d almost bumped into when exiting the storage room, or if they’d seen him. Flying along the corridor, he sped into the closest male bathroom, checking that was empty first. He went into one of the stalls, shut the door, and put the toilet seat lid down. Matteo hunched over, he got his wallet out of his back pocket and placed it on the lid, and then opened the metal box. Inside was a powdered substance, opioids, in a small plastic bag. Emptied the bag into a line, grabbing his library card, he ingested the substance.
Moments passed, he didn’t have his normal reaction. Something had gone wrong. His body convulsed and he lost consciousness over the toilet seat.

RPers with characters...

Question:
Based on the characters, their personalities, and the story far, who do you think should find Matteo?
(You may vote for up to three characters.)

• Blake Brown (Brooks)
  • Keira Carmona (Carter)
  • William Adamsen (Andrews)
  • Brooke Jensen
  • Kiona Langley
  • Tamara Petersen
  • Bay Kendall
  • Brayden Cole
  • Chloe DeJuior
  • Christopher Hughes
  • Jack Williams
  • Jason Predetti
  • Zachary “Zig” Hill
  • Isobel-Rose Davidson
  • Caroline Moore (Librarian)
  • Katherine Miller (Lunch Lady)
  • Mrs Anderson
  • Mr Matta
  • Ms Coda
  • One (or both) of the sleeping girls (in maths)

0 voters