3D Characters art scenes/covers. Would you be interested?

So, yesterday I learnt how to use Daz3d and I’m absolutely in love with it. This my first character that I’m gonna use in the cover in my story and the character in LL.

Summary

My question is. IF I would want to start taking commissions for edits e.g. art scenes/covers. Would you be interested?

6 Likes

That looks really cool! It seems like something that could be used for action/adventure stories. I’d definitely be interested.

are you going to draw it yourself or do you mean actual edits right from episode? If its an edit (in which you are using episode characters) you wouldn’t be allowed to commission it. With that said, I would totally be interested if it was free, (I’m broke :cold_sweat:).

2 Likes

If you look at her example, it doesn’t use episode assets.

1 Like

Are those 3D assests some you made. Like you made the hair the person and the clothes. You didnt use already made stuff.

1 Like

I just looked up what it is. I doubt you this, which mean you cant week it as commission. That would be a scam, because tou sell something you didnt make.

1 Like

i’d 100% be interested, they look amazing !

wait really?? but from the moment you buy those assets don’t you own them?

1 Like

No. You Can use them. Other people own then too . Selling its still a scam. Ofcourse if you are 100% open about the fact you didnt make it you bought it, then i guess its all right to have commission.

But i dont know you need to read the rules of where you bought them and if they are allowed for resale. Or not.

3 Likes

ah alright i get it. i only made the character and the face. the pose, hair and outfit are all bought.

And by made that. Did you make the model from nothing. Or did you use already made assets

if i actually commission i might consider the option of making them free since the assets are not too expensive (except if you bulk buy them) but I will only do like two edits per month

2 Likes

on daz you are given a model to begin with. then you can alter anything on them

1 Like

Then that would be a request not a commission.

Request. Free

Commission cost money.

2 Likes

It looks cool and interesting I’d be interested

oh i see. thanks for clarifying it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you teach me how to render Daz3D models someday? I’ll pay you accordingly. Downloaded the software half year ago but I just don’t have the time to spend to slowly discover & learning it :joy:

Btw I’m not sure but I think you can take commissions if you buy the interactive license together when you buy a model. I’m not sure. Maybe try to contact their support team?

1 Like

yeah I don’t think i can do commissions. at least not get paid by it. as i said above i will probably do requests free. i do not know a lot (i’m only interested in character creation and poses) I could teach you some stuff but I learn as I go too. So it depends on what you want to know :slight_smile:

I would also check if Episode will even approve a cover with these models before trying to promote them, since these are copyrighted assets from a different game/program, they might not want to approve it. I would recommend quickly making yourself a cover with this model and submitting it for approval to see.

2 Likes

I’m more interested in rendering the environment. Like adjusting the lighting, panning and zooming to get the right angles, adjusting the assets and more. Take your time to learn it :heart:

1 Like