4 way video call help

Hello all! it’s been a year since I wrote in my story and I’m reconstructing it. However I want to know how to do a 4 way call for a scene? For example: A friend calls and the other three somehow join on the laptop as well. How do I do a 4-way video call? I need help

3 Likes

The best way is to crop different backgrounds and upload it as overlays then place ur character in each overlays (background). U need to adjust all the overlay and character layers too :smiley:

3 Likes

Oh okay so basically have 4 cropped backgrounds and upload them as overlays? Just wanted to make sure I understand that correctly

1 Like

Yup! U can randomly use an episode original background and place ur overlays there. Don’t use INT. BLACK - DAY or INT. BLACK - NIGHT tho… Any other original background is fine. (idk how to explain but these 2 backgrounds have different size so ur overlay will be extra large when u use the backgrounds).

Either this, or u just upload 3 overlays and use the other 1 video call’s background, as background instead of overlay.

Hope this make sense :joy:

1 Like

I would make two separate overlays. One with two backgrounds of your choice, and the other with the other two backgrounds. Put the second one below the first, and the first one at the second layer so that the legs from the characters can hide behind the second overlay.

It’s a bit confusing, but I can help you if you want. I specialize in that shit haha

1 Like

Hey! Thank you so much for the suggestion! I can definitely use your help on how I need to do this. I read some stories where there will be moments the character does a call or video call and the extra background slides in and I’m like…how do the authors do that?

If u want them to slide in, try doing it this way :smiley:
upload 3 overlays and use the other 1 video call’s background, as background instead of overlay.

1 Like

PM so we can figure it out

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.