5 Annoying Things Forum-Users Do

1: They don’t read the replies; they just immediately post one.
2: They don’t think to use grammar.
3: They over-dramatize simple things.

“me preevooer dosent werk o no i so confuzzled noo im goina sdieyssasasdiufndsunfu!!” God forbid this actually happen…

4: They don’t read the forum rules and help before making a topic (… I’m being hypocritical, sorry)
5: …The one that annoys me the most- They decide to argue with every little thing they don’t agree with.

Anyone else feel these? btw feel free to add on to my list (and critisize me, idgaf)

22 Likes

It annoys me when they ask for help with something thats already addressed in the Directing Commands Document that episode provides LITERALLY on the portal. Like… It’s right here. sis…

11%20PM

“Need Help?”

READ IT SISTER.

10 Likes

Haha, I totally agree with that. I’ve seen posts that are like “How do I change outfits?” or “How do I make choices?” and I’m like, “(hopefully) Human being, that’s been covered in the Episode Help docs and examples. JUST READ IT.” Though I’m too nice to say anything.

4 Likes

Well most of us are here for helping the people that just don’t quite understand it yet! :grin:

7 Likes
  1. People using/posting other creators backgrounds without the credit.
  2. People advertising their threads everywhere they can.
  3. Drama… I hate DRAMA.
  4. People who can’t read the guides you made for them (they just want a ready code)
  5. Rude people (not asking, just demanding)
20 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community as this is related to the forum community. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics. :wink:

3 Likes

When users make a thread for their contest/workshop/story and then create multiple threads saying “Check out my ____!” with a link to the original thread. First of all, it’s against the forum guidelines; Second, it’s so annoying.

15 Likes

I understand that. I have trouble writing in English too, sometimes… I guess I kind of meant like punctuation.

1 Like

@Apes Totally agree with all of those points.

@luciaricci Wow, I haven’t seen that before, but I’d get just as equally annoyed. Especially since it’s SPECIFICALLY listed in the Forum guidelines NOT to do that.

Aaaand sorry for making it in the wrong section, hardworking moderator. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Another one:
They post the link to their story in as many threads as possible, even if their story has nothing to do with the topic.

15 Likes

I honestly don’t mind most of these at all :blush: If someone needs directing help, they might be asking here because they need it to be formulated differently than in the official docs or can’t find the right topic on the forums. I think these forums are pretty good and the people who promote their stories everywhere are just kind of a little nuisance. I like to ask people to leave their link to their story on my most popular topic because I know how difficult it is to get your story recognized on this app.

However, I spend most of my time on the forums in the Episode Fan Community section, so I don’t know much about the other sections. The only kind of forum users who’ve really been annoying me lately are the ones who open all these topics about some art groups’ drama. I flagged one of them because it was just filled with drama, bullying, insults, and whatnot. I mean, can’t they settle their beef in private? I know these are mostly young girls who just like creating drama, but I have no respect for people like that. Hopefully they’ll grow out of it. It seems to have calmed down now.

10 Likes

Yes! I agree with all 5, especially spamming

why does it annoy u when people “don’t think to use grammar” its the internet and the forums are international…

5 Likes

Grammar doesn’t mean just spelling, it means making your sentences readable. I can understand people not knowing how to spell English words because the English language sucks and is hard to spell.

ik that :0

I probably made it sound mean :fearful: Sorry x-x

I meant that’s not exactly what I meant by bad grammar, I meant people who I can’t even read what they’re saying. Usually I can tell what people mean when they type, but there are some people who try and make a topic, but I can’t tell what they are wanting because I can’t understand what they are trying to say. It’s like they’re so stressed about having problems with their story that they don’t even try to communicate what’s wrong… I probably should’ve made that clearer lol

1 Like

Here’s annoying thing forum users do:

Anybody around the age of 13 are accountable for starting drama in the community.
They attack you for having an opinion and will freak out over tiny details :thinking:

5 Likes

Why is all this aruguing necessary? Not everyone is born in a country where English is official language, and those people will have mistakes sometimes. So I don’t understand why’s that such a big problem now. I know a lot of people who are from countries where English is a first language, but everyone has mistakes sometimes and that’s nothing to be ashamed of.

5 Likes

Okay, lets all calm down here and look at this cutie getting sad –

BTeaH4rumNkZoyv8lzRZ

i know, not the best way to open a convo, but whatever…

I know its annoying. And due to this, people post something completely different to the topic which is wanted to be/getting discussed. In between, we may encounter someone asking what is going on. I mean, they could look at the previous replies and figure out what is going on, right?

I want to be biased in this. Yes, it would be kinda uncomfortable and cringey if we find some grammatical errors. But not many people have English as their first language here. But yes, when we know English really well, why not use it properly with proper grammar?

If they are doing it so that the whole public would see it (I usually call it attention-sucking in my language, no offense), then yeah. But simple replies between few people in that language doesn’t really harm us, right?

I agree with this. They should read the rules and regulations and all that stuff before posting a thread. Being a newbie wouldn’t help as a excuse. I was a newbie too, 6 months ago. I also read each and every guideline properly. Its for everyone to follow. The Mod and Admin don’t post it for nothing…

Yes, it might happen many a times. But, forums here are for discussing various topics and sorting out a solution which would be the best and improve us for the better. I have seen various people who argue for very little things and cause drama. Its really wrong. Cuz, lets be honest – the Episode forums is where we come together , regardless of our diversity on many criteria. We respect each other’s opinions and value each one of us equally :yellow_heart:

i hope this helped :eyes:

4 Likes

oof, i got a Grootie loving forumer here

1 Like