8th Grade Math Help😔

hey so like can anyone help me w this math problem…And I need it asap so like you help girl out, I’ll do Anything pretty much :3

Maximilian wants to rent a car for 10 days, and he has two options. The first rental car company charges a $35 rental fee and an amount of $110 for 3 days. The second rental car company’s offer can be modeled by the equation y =28 x +15, where x is the number of days and y is the total cost of renting a car.

Which rental car company (first or second) is the better option and why?

6 Likes

I can try!!

1 Like

What is the answer are you looking for?

1 Like

omg thank youuu you are a life saver!!!:sob:

The second rental company would be $295 because 28 x 10 is 280. Add 15, and you get 295.

Based on the information of the first company, you would be paying more because of the 110 for three days.

5 Likes

I forgot to add the question but it’s “Which rental car company (first or second) is the better option and why?”

One question is the $35 rental fee included with the $110???

1 Like

yess!

But but but but but but but

1 Like

Math is so easy!!!

1 Like

this math problem was due like may 11th I-

1 Like

Whaaaaaaa I-

1 Like

thank youuuu omg :sob:

1 Like

Are you taking algebra next year

It’s the first one, I believe.

Work

Ok so basically for the second one, you need to substitute the x value with 10 (y=28(10)+15)
And the total would be $295.
Now the first option, they give you the value of the total amount in 3 days ($110=(?)(3)+35)
An basically you find the “?”. That will give you 25 and then you make a new equation like this (y=25x +35) and since you know how much you need it for, you substitute it with 10 (y=25(10)+35) and y will be $285 so first option is the best.

Hope that helped

2 Likes

Ekkkk! I would’ve help. But i lost my brain cells when I woke up.

2 Likes

i am taking algebra for this year but i forgot mostly everything so im stuck XD

1 Like

Why are people ahead of me-?
I’m in 9th and I’m taking algebra-

1 Like

Jk lol

1 Like

i feel you i slept at 6 am-

1 Like