8th Grade Math HelpšŸ˜”

Algebra isnā€™t that hard

2 Likes

Again, reading my formula wrong.
Iā€™m saying $110 for 3 days divided by 3 gives you the cost PER DAY and we want the cost for 10 days. Hence the multiplication.
Former math tutor here lol

2 Likes

Iā€™m so confused now. Math hurts my brain.

2 Likes

:eyes: :lips:

1 Like

Oh the person who created this topic said it was the total amount

1 Like

Oh, then Iā€™m incorrect. No need to get mad :joy:
But idk, I donā€™t see anything wrong with my equation either :thinking: so correct me?

1 Like

Iā€™m loving this topicšŸ˜ƒ

1 Like

Where did they say that?

1 Like

No I asked them if it was the $35 was included in the $110 and they said yes.

3 Likes

Maximilian wants to rent a car for 10 days, and he has two options. The first rental car company charges a $35 rental fee and an amount of $110 for 3 days. The second rental car companyā€™s offer can be modeled by the equation y =28 x +15, where x is the number of days and y is the total cost of renting a car.

Which rental car company (first or second) is the better option and why?

Plus in these sort of question, most teacher will put their answers as whole numbers. It doesnā€™t happen all the time though.

1 Like

Where weā€™re differing is how weā€™re reading it. Iā€™m personally reading that the $35 rental fee is fixed no matter how many days the person rents the vehicle for. Youā€™ve included it in the $110.

So I could be wrong if I read it wrong, but my actual formula (the division and multiplication) is not incorrect.

1 Like

Does the first companyā€™s cost total $110?

Of course not.

1 Like

I just set it up how I was taught, which goes like PEMDAS, so of course the multiplycatjom would go first, meaning the +35 would be added last if that answers your confusion

1 Like

The question is badly worded then lol.

Makes it sound like two separate things.

1 Like

With my equation this entire part is in brackets:
((110/3)*10)
Which might be why my formula confused you?
So just like you, the $35 gets added last.

1 Like

email my teacher and attack her for me- :see_no_evil:

Ahh, I read * like an exponent :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

The energy in this!

1 Like