90th Oscars: Who Should Have Won? (Spoilers!)

giphy-downsized

Do you feel that a certain actor/actress or film should have won during last nights award show?! Let us know your thoughts below! Meanwhile let’s take a look at the the list of winners from this years award show!

Best Picture: “The Shape of Water”

Director: Guillermo del Toro, “The Shape of Water”

Actor: Gary Oldman, “Darkest Hour”

Actress: Frances McDormand, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”

Supporting Actor: Sam Rockwell, “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri”

Supporting Actress: Allison Janney, “I, Tonya”

Original Screenplay: “Get Out”

Adapted Screenplay: “Call Me by Your Name”

Foreign Language Film: “A Fantastic Woman”

Animated Feature: “Coco”

Visual Effects: “Blade Runner 2049”

Film Editing: “Dunkirk”

Animated Short: “Dear Basketball”

Live Action Short: “The Silent Child”

Documentary Short: “Heaven Is a Traffic Jam on the 405”

Score: “The Shape of Water”

Song: “Remember Me” from “Coco”

Production Design: “The Shape of Water”

Cinematography: “Blade Runner 2049”

Costume Design: “Phantom Thread”

Makeup and Hairstyling: “Darkest Hour”

Documentary Feature: “Icarus”

Sound Editing: “Dunkirk”

Sound Mixing: “Dunkirk”

2 Likes

I thought “This Is Me” from “The Greatest Showman” was a better song than “Remember Me,” which was good but nothing remarkable in my opinion.

I also heard for best picture that “The Shape of Water” wasn’t great and very similar to another older movie. I don’t know about the others, but “Dunkirk” has better critic and audience rating then “The Shape of Water”.

2 Likes

I still haven’t gotten to see Dunkirk but can say that I loved The Shape of Water. Had a Bioshock feeling to it (one of my favorite video games of all time) that really kept me interested. I still need to look into the older film that you mentioned :scream:

1 Like

I personally haven’t had the pleasure of watching any of these films except for Dunkirk, Blade Runner 2049, and Coco,(which is a shame, I am an aspiring filmmaker) as they haven’t been released in my country, but I cannot wait! I,Tonya only just came out this week. Cannot wait to see what these films have done with the visuals and I am a huge fan of production design and all the thought that comes with it; the Shape of Water should be an ultimate blast with all the excitement I’m hearing about. Also, I’m very stoked for Janney’s performance in I,Tonya.

1 Like

Honestly, Shape of Water should not have won Best Picture. I mean, come on. I did not watch any of the movies. Based on the trailers, Get Out should have won. Hands down.
Shape of Water sounds like someone tried to make a movie version of the song “Shape of You” and then decided to add water.

Closing due to one month of inactivity :slight_smile: