A Basic Guide to Tappable Overlays

Bump :dizzy::sweat_drops:

thank you for sharing it

Hi, does anyone know if poeple can tap on overlays that have opacity 0? I would test it on app but my phone is not working at the moment :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I think you can use a blank overlay instead, and place it on where you want it to be tapped. I think it will be easier.

1 Like

is there a blank overlay i could use

I have it in my drive, let me get that for you.

1 Like

Here it is.
Just click on it and download it.

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

Thank you so much for this post! I was so scared I wasn’t a beta tester, and turns out I am! It’s honestly amazing, and I think that from now on I’ll use it a lot in my stories!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I’m so confused! There are no perceivable errors that the writer’s portal is picking up, but when I preview my story, when I get to the part with the tappable overlays, it will just automatically choose an overlay choice and not let me me actually scroll around and pick one. It is incredibly frustrating and I have no clue why it’s doing this.

Actually, it seems like no matter whatever overlay I select, it automatically chooses one. Only one specifically out of the three options I have.

Hey yall! I just tested out the @ui user interface overlay. There doesn’t seem to be much info out there about ui so im posting it here. I’ve noticed that copies dont show up as an option on the overlay helper. However, it says its there when i copy the stage. I have also noticed that the ui element doesn’t show on overlay helper if the opacity is 0.

Edit: So copies do show up, i think its just buggy idk.

is there a way to get added to the beta testing list?

Bumping this

There is a way to pin an overlay to scenes and make them tappable. However, coding it so the tappable can remember what scene a reader is on is the difficult part.

okay
but
is anyone else triggered that the question is ‘whats your favorite dog’ and they put a cat as an option

1 Like

Question; can a UI be a tappable overlay?

Just wondering if anyone else has tried to flip an overlay (like scale it to something like -1.280 1.280) and then tried to make it tappable? I tried it once a few months ago and gave up because I thought they weren’t working because I had too many in one scene, but now I’m thinking it’s not working coz I messed around with the overlay scaling :thinking: Yeah, so if anyone else has noticed this too, let me know :v:

do you have example coding? :thinking: I will check :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you, you’re a lifesaver :hearts: I’ll pm it

1 Like