A character´s speakbubble on screen, without showing the character

So I have a qouestion. I have a scene with two persons in it. Then I wanna have a speakbubble on the screen, but by a third person who´s screaming “come down stairs” for example. So what I mean is this third person isn´t on the screen. But when I try doing this I get an error called “You can´t have one character immidiately following another”. How can I fix this?

Did you capitalise the whole sentence? If you did use any punctuation sign.

And if you want character to not be visible just place it in different zone than your current scene is

1 Like

Maybe place a character offscreen, and set the speech bubble in a certain spot. Like this:

&CHAR spot x -y in zone #
@speechbubble x y to 100%

1 Like

Try:
@CHARACTER is talk_smile_happy AND CHARACTER is talk_smile_happy
NARRATOR (name of the character who is screaming)
Come downstairs

1 Like

Ex.
@CHARACTER1 stands screen left in zone 1 AND CHARACTER1 faces right AND CHARACTER2 stands screen center in zone 1 AND CHARACTER2 faces left AND CHARACTER3 stands screen right in zone 2

CHARACTER 1
CHARACTER2, wait!

CHARACTER 2
What is it, CHARACTER1?

CHARACTER1
CHARACTER2, I love-

CHARACTER3
Everyone! Come downstairs!

1 Like

It didnt work :sob:

It didnt work

What do you mean?

I tried but it didnt work

Did you move everything on its place?
It is strange, it works for me…

did you write

CHARACTER
COME DOWNSTAIRS

if so add a punctuation sign, exclamation mark for example

CHARACTER
COME DOWNSTAIRS!

Why do I have to write it with capitalized letters? :thinking:

Did you replace CHARACTER with your characters actual names? And did you use punctuations? If you use ALL CAPS without punctuations the script may confuse it with another character.

1 Like

You don’t need to, I thought you did since your error is “you can’t have one character immediately following another” but check if you don’t have names of your characters one under another one

1 Like

How do I add punctuation sign?

can you post your script?

2 Likes

I was about to copy it but I just saved it, and now it showed green :joy:

You can also copy and paste :blush:

1 Like

Yeah I know :relaxed: But what I meant was that it just magicaly worked and idk how :joy:

Oh, that’s great! :smiley:

1 Like