A Coding Class or Coding Partner? :computer_rage:

Hey Y’all!
I’m writing my story and I am really trying my hardest to make it look uber advanced. I recently read Under Pressure, (an AMAZING story) and it really inspired me to put the extra work in to make it look professional. However my coding skills are intermediate. I can help beginners with their script and help it run smoother, but I don’t know how to correctly make a character throw an overlay pillow, or make a mini game

All in all, I was wondering if any of you guys had an advanced coding class, or if any one was interested in being my coding or writing partner?

It’s a fairly new story and it is not published yet so I feel this would be a good time to add someone onto my story! Also I write a lot so I promise I will NOT flake on this story. If you want more details about the partnership Pm me :crazy_face:

Sorry for the long paragraph. :fist_bump:

2 Likes

I don’t have a coding class but I can always help you learn how to code mini games and advanced scenes!

2 Likes

Thanks so Much!

Rn I’m doing a scene where my character throws his stuffed animal on his vibrating phone but I don’t know where to start in terms of making it spin while it gets thrown. I know theres a point that it rotates around, but idk how to make it run smoothly.

2 Likes

It would look something like this
&overlay shifts to (wherever you want it to land) in #
@/overlay rotates 160 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in #

2 Likes

Okay Thanks. I’ll try that and tell you if it works. Do you have an ig so I can send you a video of what it looks like? My portal isn’t working rn but when it starts back up I’ll send you an update.

2 Likes

Sorry! I don’t have one.

1 Like

Mary D Sava has a coding “school” but I think her classes are on Patreon.

@j.Miley has posted numerous detailed tutorials on her Instagram page.

@TalGordin has “Coding 101” on the Episode app.

You can also try to learn from observing and going over mini game templates. (:

2 Likes

Thank you! I will definitely check them out.

2 Likes

Moved to Find a Writing Partner. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :smiley:

1 Like