A couple questions for my story!

Hi guys!
Here are a couple questions in regards to my story, or other stories in general!

• So my story is set in the fall, like it’s a major theme and everything. I am unsure if I will be able to completely finish before fall ends, so would it not be a good idea to post it this year? I would hate to wait to post it, but if it doesn’t match the season we’re in now it would be a little strange.
  • When the first episode is just CC does it bother you a lot (so much so that it “turns you off” wanting to read the story)?
  • If the story has choices, that don’t affect much of the story line (they more so allow you to chose simple reactions) does this bother you?

Please let me know of other things that you might think of that may help future writers as well!

4 Likes
  1. I don’t think it would be strange at all. A good story will get reads whenever! It might be more like “professional” to post it in fall (like Christmas movies being premiered in December and all that) but I don’t think it would matter too much on Episode
  2. I would rather have CC in the very beginning anyways but the first episode being just CC would maybe peeve me a bit. I probably wouldn’t be too upset about though as long as the CC is interactive/original
  3. I personally like big choices that directly affect the story much more but if the story line is good i wouldn’t care about only having smaller dialogue choices.
2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

It would be a good idea to post it this year. But if you can’t there is always next year

When the first episode is just CC does it bother you a lot (so much so that it “turns you off” wanting to read the story)?

Yes it bothers me, most of the time I don’t even mind if I don’t have to CC the main characters.

Girl some stories only have CC for the first chapter, it’s a major turn off for me. The first chapter is suppose to wow the reader, yah know?

If the story has choices, that don’t affect much of the story line (they more so allow you to chose simple reactions) does this bother you?

I don’t mind at all. As long as the story is good :eyes:

1 Like

Hope this helped💕

1 Like

@aze_nieve and @Your_girl.kay thank you both so much!

2 Likes

Ofc!

I do like CC but I want the interactive and storyline theme too.
I’m sorry, but it’s just CC I click off.
I like CC but I don’t want to cc and then that’s it and nothing else happened.
I feel like when people do that just add CC it’s like they don’t care about plot or storyline in the first episode when they should CC isn’t everything.
It looks lazy tbh like don’t add cc and then end the episode because I honestly hate that and I will not continue the rest of the story.
The plot and storyline is so much more into the first episode so add that and CC if you want or no CC,
I just wanna get into the storyline not just cc characters

, I would like to know the plot and storyline along with CC.
But if even its, not CC I will still read it has along had it’s a good plot.

Honestly, that doesn’t matter to me.
It doesn’t matter in the episode you should post it whenever you want the season doesn’t matter.
If you wanna do it next fall it’s up to you we’re in the month of fall right now lol.

Nope, it doesn’t bother me.
I don’t care if it wasn’t any choices tbh as long as it’s a good plot and storyline that’s all that matters.

So my story is set in the fall, like it’s a major theme and everything. I am unsure if I will be able to completely finish before fall ends, so would it not be a good idea to post it this year? I would hate to wait to post it, but if it doesn’t match the season we’re in now it would be a little strange.

I see your point. I want my last chapter to be halloween based but I don’t know if I can finish it by halloween. I think even if it’s fall based and we’re in winter, that’s fine because people are going to discover this story a lot later as well.

• When the first episode is just CC does it bother you a lot (so much so that it “turns you off” wanting to read the story)?
    OMG yes! I absolutely cannot stand that. (I have a whole rant somewhere here on forums)

If the story has choices, that don’t affect much of the story line (they more so allow you to chose simple reactions) does this bother you?
No, I actually enjoy that.

1 Like

a story dosent have to take place in the it is in real life. most people arent gonna read it at that time anyway. dont focus on real life for your story

YES. that is the worst you can. episode 1 is what sell your story if chapter 1 suck no one will read chapter 2. you know what a cc first chapter says about your story, your lazy and a bad author that is the implycation you give off. why should anyone spend a pass on this story to read chapter 2. do not do this. if people dont like chapter 1 they wont start chapter 2. you are setting yourself up to fail if you do that.

if you are worried about the CC taken up space. put it in after writhing the chapter that is what I do.

I seen a few people only put in a couple of minutes because of CC, okay. its better than nothing, we can live with that. but make sure there is something to actually make reader wanna read your story.

not really, simple choices is better than no choices. and honestly most choices are like that

2 Likes

Post it, regardless. It doesn’t matter what season it is. Your story should transfer the reader to your time period.

I will stop reading if the first episode is just cc.

This doesn’t bother me, as long as the plot is interesting.

1 Like

Thank you so much for your help! It’s really appreciated! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thank you so much as well!
These are really helpful for me! Thank you all!

1 Like
  • I don’t mind reading stories that are in different seasons to real life. Like sometimes I just start reading christmas stories in summer, but they’re so good I don’t mind! :blob_hearts:

• I also don’t mind customisation being a full chapter, unless you get a chance to customise at the begining/end of every episode because then it gets annoying! :blob_hearts:

• Only having small choices is fine with me, because it can get me stressed out knowing that I might not get a special scene or different ending if I don’t pick something! :blob_hearts:

I wish you all the best writing your story! Please tag/message me when it’s out! :blob_hearts:

1 Like

when a writer has their first episode only CC, I usually don’t continue. If you need help moving from CC to scene, I can help.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.