A fantasy story isn't a fantasy story without

A fantasy story isn’t a fantasy story without magic.
Change my mind :joy:

2 Likes

I think I’ve seen a story in the fantasy section that doesn’t have magic, actually. It’s about ~royals~, though. And I like fictional royals.

A fantasy story isn’t a fantasy story without ~royals~.

1 Like

Royals do exist in real life :eyes: fantasy is classified as a fiction dependent for effect on strangeness of setting (such as other worlds or times) and of characters (such as supernatural or unnatural beings), according to Google.

Here's the source:

But creating your own world can be considered fantasy, so I think that every story is indeed a fantasy unless stated to be inspired by real life events? :joy:
It’s just a line to make things clear, which for fantasy, its boundaries are actually very blurry :eyes:

1 Like

Not gonna lie, the most surprising part of this definition is that it can be spelled with a ph. English is cursed.

A fantasy story isn’t a fantasy story without everyone somehow speaking the same language.

3 Likes

Hold up. Wait a minute.

I’ve never thought of this.

1 Like

I understand why it’s a thing, though. If there was a language barrier in every new place the characters went, the story would have a major block.

1 Like

:joy: Well yeah, that’s valid.

A fantasy story isn’t a fantasy story without 48 minutes of worldbuilding yet the audiences are still confused af.

1 Like

a fantasy story isn’t a fantasy story without…there being a male who’s the “alpha wolf” and runs into a runaway girl at night in the forest and blah blah blah they fall in love!!:sweat_smile:

1 Like

A fantasy story isn’t a fantasy story without :sparkles: special dreams :sparkles:

a fantasy story isn’t a fantasy story without an enemies to lovers arc

1 Like