A few questions for the episode community from a gachatuber! :)

I’m sure a few of you probably already know what this is about! I’m a gachatuber with a few 100s of subs or so and for a while I’ve been using episode community backgrounds, most of them custom made, from here! I’m not the only one who does that but I try my best to give credits and links, follow the creator’s terms and all that.

I use them because they’re perfect and it’s a bit hard finding other stuff to use!

But I realized that the terms could be directed to the episode community so I mostly wanted to clarify a few things:

1. Is it okay for me to be using episode backgrounds in my videos with the right credits in the description and terms followed?
2. I haven’t seen anything on this (of course it makes sense) but if I was to ever earn revenue from this, can I still use them with credits again ofc, maybe even commission? (if not i will stop but can I keep the old videos up, maybe even share the revenue earned from them with the original creators via kofi or anything like that?)

(I’ll also try to ask the creators who’s backgrounds I use ofc, just wanted a general view from you bunch)

Also genuinely kinda scared of the response being negative haha ;-; but I wouldn’t want to use the community’s art without permission. Thank you for taking the time to read this and hopefully respond :))

(Yes I also play episode! I get a lot of inspo from them)

Nope, just because others do it, dosent mean its okay you do to, the backgrounds are copyrighted, now with 100 subs you are not earning money. but if you reach that episode can sue you, or put a copyright claim on your videos, that happen often on youtube videos, espically review once.

using copyrighted art is illegal to earn money on. if you are credeting the right places many do let it slide. but many also dont because you actually do need permission.

also wanna mention I am not youtuber. I recomand you look into you youtube rules. I am sure there is some videos on it.

1 Like

Yeah I read the episode TOS and realized their official backgrounds are copyrighted, so I stopped using those and don’t plan on monetizing the videos where I used those, but what about backgrounds made by the community themselves that don’t use any of episode’s official resources? Do those still count?

they are made for episode, but I think it depend on the artist. some might be okay with. and some dont.

1 Like

Okay! Thank you so much for answering! I think I’ll just be contacting the artists before using them. One more question if you don’t mind, what if the background made by the artist is an edit of an original episode background, say like the blue school lobby is turned red and I use it right? Am I breaking TOS?

1 Like

yeah you are.

1 Like

Okay I think that answers all my questions, thank you so much I really do appreciate this! Have a nice day/night

1 Like