A group walking and talking on looping background

I’m having trouble getting a group of characters to walk and talk on a looping background.
I don’t think I’m using the right “AND” or “&” to get them to walk at the same time, so instead they just slide across the screen as the background loops behind them.

Right now I have:
EXT. TOWN SQUARE LOOP - NIGHT

@WYNDELL starts walk_talk_happy & EX 1 starts walk_neutral & LEXIE starts walk_neutral & GRAHAM starts walk_neutral & DAVID starts walk_neutral

I also want Wyndell and Lexie to alternate talking without any dialogue as the narrator talks in front of it all.
Thank you!

Switch & with AND in this case

I just tried this and they’re still just sliding across the screen and Wyndell still isn’t talking.

@WYNDELL starts walk_talk_happy in 2 and EX 1 starts walk_neutral in 3 and LEXIE starts walk_neutral in 3 and GRAHAM starts walk_neutral in 3 and DAVID starts walk_neutral in 3

You need to place them in the scene and then have them start the walking animations, like this:

EXT. TOWN SQUARE LOOP - NIGHT
&WYNDELL stands screen left THEN WYNDELL faces right AND WYNDELL starts walk_neutral
&EX 1 stands upscreen left THEN EX 1 faces right AND EX 1 starts walk_neutral
&LEXIE stands screen center THEN LEXIE faces right AND LEXIE starts walk_neutral
&GRAHAM stands upscreen right THEN GRAHAM faces right AND GRAHAM starts walk_neutral
&DAVID stands screen right THEN DAVID faces right AND DAVID starts walk_neutral

(The placements are just an example, by the way.)

Thank you! It worked

You’re welcome.