DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

Man, am I ever dumb. Thank you very much for pointing out my stupidity (don’t mean that in a nasty way, thank you).

1 Like

Omgg thank you it worked!!

1 Like

you might want to create custom overlay of the staff using paint.net software edit it like that. you can get it at getpaint.net

I’m having problems rotating an overlay. It’s the ambulance in the overlay catalog. I will show you an image tomorrow. I need it to face backwards on a road. I can show you an image tomorrow when I get back on, if you need one.

Hey Dara, I’m trying to have my main character Briar stand behind the counter (COUNTER BAKERY) in the background INT. BAKERY NO OL - DAY, while two other characters stand in front on the counter. I have no idea how layers work or how to manipulate overlays. Please help :tired_face:

A character/overlay at a lower layer number will be behind, and a higher layer number will put them in front.

So the person behind the overlay needs to be at a lower layer than the overlay and the people in front of the overlay needs to be at a higher layer than the overlay

More about layers here: HOW TO: Move Characters / Overlays to the Layers

So what exactly are you trying to do with the overlay?

Thank you so much!

But i already have a staff overlay

Then you have to go to an editing program and use a paint or photo editing software to edit the character into thw picture.

Sorry for the late reply. I need the ambulance to sit in the circle facing the waterfront in the background.

1 Like

Unfortunately there isn’t a way to change the way the overlay is facing. The AMBULANCE overlay was created and drawn to face forward towards the screen. You will have to find a different ambulance overlay where it faces the other direction, or ask someone to make one for you.

1 Like

I know a way.

1 Like

&overlay AMBULANCE scales to -1.000 1.000

1 Like

That just mirrors the overlay but doesn’t actually make it face towards the back.

1 Like

Welp, needs to make another overlay!!!

1 Like

I’m trying…to help

1 Like

@Trying_To_Help and @Dara.Amarie Thank you for your help. I will ask for an overlay to be made then. I appreciate the responses. Sorry I didn’t respond back I had to run to the store for snacks.

1 Like

This was in the tutorial.

Sorry thought it was just for of you added your own overlays