DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

yes, i have watched videos and everything but it is not being in the place i want it to be the size is right just not the position.

What does your script look like?

Can you use “&” for creating overlays using the create command?

Yes…

1 Like

I did not know we could rotate overlays omg :sob: I thought the author who wrote “Fine Line” just used a lot of different overlays :sob: does Episode even know they have so much stuff? Lmao Thank you for this :raised_hands:t5:

I used like, identical twin puppies? So I thought, why not just use the same overlay twice?
So that’s what I did, and I tried to make one puppy like shift (walk) somewhere else, and not the other puppy. But the OTHER puppy moved to where I wanted the first puppy to move.

Help?

It won’t work like that. You’d have to upload the overlay twice with different names and animate each one.

This really helps! Thanks! :grin:

Can you plese help me when it comes to rotating? I want the grenade to come in flying & spinning at the same time? But The way I have it comes in as if it’s coming from the bottom of the screen… this is my script: (280 on down)

So you need to place your overlay offscreen first so it’s at it’s starting point. Then after that is when you can shift and rotate your overlay (i’m assuming 113 376 in zone 2 is where you want the overlay to end up at)

&overlay GRENADE create
&overlay GRENADE shifts to [coordinates offscreen] in zone 2 in 0
&overlay GRENADE scales to 0.09 0.09 in 0
@overlay GRENADE opacity 1 in 0

&overlay GRENADE shifts to 117 376 in zone 2 in 3
@overlay GRENADE rotates 360 anchor point 0 0 in 1

I redid it & it didn’t come in rotating

Since your shifting the overlay in 3 seconds, you should also rotate it in 3 seconds instead of just 1

Thank you, it worked! So the shifting & rotating should be the same time always?

If you want them to happen at the same time then yes

Okay, one last thing how would I speed up just the rotating (spinning) because when it comes flying in, it comes in rotating sorta slow… how would I write that in the script?

So if you want it to spin fast, you’d have to keep rotating more than just once, but in order to do that, you would need to multiply “360” by however many number of times you want it to rotate. So if you want it to spin 4 times, do this:

@overlay GRENADE rotates [360x4] anchor point 0 0 in 3

360 times 4 is 1440, so:

@overlay GRENADE rotates 1440 anchor point 0 0 in 3

1 Like

So as many times as I want it to be rotated I have to multiply it by 360 or (any other rotation)?

Right but only if you want it to spin multiple times, not if you just want it to slightly rotate less than 360 degrees.

1 Like

Oh, okay. Thanks though :sweat_smile:

I read your guide but couldn’t find the help i need (sorry if i missed it somehow). i have overlays for dinner scene: plates, spoons, forks and different food. the problem is i can only place one spoon or plate on position (if i want to have them all lookig the same - like a one sinner set). is there any chance i coul put this same one plate multiple time as overlay in direct suitable spots for all of them? or do i have to upload the same pic multiple times in review cornes and give them different names (like plate1, plate2, plate3…)?