A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

Do you have the opacity command right after the background? If yes, then that may be it. Try previewing on your app.

It works on the app!

Thank you :heart:

okay I did everything how im suppose to when it comes to changing outfits but yet my character is still wearing the outfit from before. anybody have any ideas as to why its not working?

Is there a way to add an overlay in the middle of the scene? I’m making a car bomb scene for my story. I have both overlays needed but I want to add the destroyed car overlay later in the scene. I already got the removing an overlay part.

Yes there is, but I’m probably not the best person to ask! :joy: you can do it, but you have to make it show up. I can make it show up, it just won’t be the right size, so you can. But ask so,some else, sorry!

You have to use these commands :slight_smile:

Thank you both for your responses! @black_jack

No worries!

Hi! I need help with getting this overlay to work, cause im trying to and it doesnt come up as an error, but when I look at the previewers, it doesn’t show.

&pause for 2
@overlay RUDE_IN1 create
@overlay RUDE_IN1 shifts to 136 175
@overlay RUDE_IN1 scales to 0.400 0.400
@overlay RUDE_IN1 to layer 2

You need to add the opacity

Hey, Can you please help me fix an error

It keep saying ‘create’ should be specified separately.

Remove 100 100 after the word create. Those shouldn’t be there.

It works, Thank you very much :hearts:

ACan someone help? I’m trying to add an overlay to my scene. I want to simulate a football going through goalposts. I basically want it to start at the bottom and end up in the middle of the posts. (Here’s the action I want it to do)

This is what I type:
INT. GOALS2
@transition fade in black in 1
#beat ends
#beat starts
@overlay FOOTY create
@overlay FOOTY shifts to 0.02 152 in zone 1
@overlay FOOTY scales to 1.0 1.0 in 0
@overlay FOOTY opacity 1 in 0
@pause for a beat
#beat ends
#beat starts
@pause for a beat
#beat ends
#beat starts
@overlay FOOTY shifts to -0.00 162 in zone 1 in 1.0

And here’s what happens…

It slightly moves to the left. I know I must be typing the position wrong. Can anyone tell me which would be the right one?
Also, every time I try to make it smaller, it disappears. Is 1.0 the minimum scale?

There’s no such coordinate as the bolded part. What is that part suppose to be?

You need to shift your overlay and scale it down at the same time.

&overlay OVERLAY scales to % % in [time]
@overlay OVERLAY shifts to x y in zone # in [time]

There is no minimum scale size, 1.0 is the default size. If you want it smaller, you can go lower than 1.0

I need to know what position, not x y that doesn’t help.
That position is supposed to be the top of the arrow, where I want the overlay to end up at

You need to find the position yourself by moving your overlay to where you want it to be when you test your story.

I don’t understand positioning. I’ve shown you were I want it to be. Can’t you help?

The only person who can find the position is YOU. Just move the overlay around the same way you move and scale your characters around the scene.

Ok thanks for nothing