A Guide to Using & Animating OVERLAYS

You might need to go to the creator’s thread and find someone who can make overlays. See if they can cut the side of the crib and turn it into an overlay. Then you can put the baby into the crib. I think that will be the best bet.

Smart Idea! I’m Good With Episode Stories I’m Just Bad with Overlays I’m Not A Noob Btw, I Just Wish We Could Make Our Own Props

Yeah, I’m the same. Good at writing but overlays hate me when I code them. I’m just now getting the hang of using overlays after a full year of making stories.

I have a problem with the rotating.
I tried this
@overlay OVERLAYNAME rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 in 0
But it won’t work.
What am I doing wrong?

The overlay is rotating 360 degrees in 0 seconds so you won’t see it rotate. Try putting

@overlay OVERLAYNAME rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1

Hi! Quick question,

I’m not good at rotating overlays but I placed the overlay in the scene and then used the rotating loop command and the Overlay is not rotating where I have placed it.

Here is my script:
@overlay LOADING 2 create
@overlay LOADING 2 shifts to 62 285 in zone 2
@overlay LOADING 2 scales to 0.560 0.560
@overlay LOADING 2 opacity 1

@pause for 1

@zoom reset

&overlay LOADING 2 rotates 360 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1.5 loop 10 times

I do this and It doesn’t rotate over the blonde guys face in the picture - This is about where it is placed originally.

It now rotates away from the space - Why is this?

web%20player

It will do this if the shape of the overlay box (the white dashed lines) isn’t a perfect square. You need to find the central point for it to rotate on the spot. Once you have found it, rotate the overlay and place it exactly where you want it. Copy the spot numbers into the original shift spots and it should work!

Thank you!

Although, It does still rotate around the centre of the overlay, just away from the spot I placed it :confused:

That’s okay. Just move it back to where you want it and copy those spots.
Be sure to use the & instead of the @ so it’ll all happen at once :slight_smile:

Try this :slight_smile:

Wow ignore my * and spaces :woman_facepalming:t2::joy:

Hi!

Thanks for the help although I think It was a glitch as It’s working fine now :slight_smile:

Ok I’ll try it thank you :grin: