DARA’S GUIDE: Overlays

You can use a “image to png converter” online. Search it up on google and there will be many sites that can convert your image into a png.

I’m trying to rotate an overlay as well and I have the overlay on the screen where I want it but when I go to rotate the overlay it keeps rotating off screen.

Change the anchor point.

When I am trying to scale or shift my overlay on the preview the overlay won’t move at all, so then I changed the script to make it shift to round about where I wanted it to be (I’ve got anther overlay on the screen that is working fine) but it just stayed in the exact same place where it was before I shifted it somewhere else in the script instead of moving to where it was I said in the script…
I hope that makes sense :thinking: thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

What does your script look like?

How can I do a bubble bath overlay since it doesn’t have it on the overlays? Thanks again

You d have to find a bubble bath png and upload it as an overlay or find someone who can make you one. There are a lot of overlay request threads in Resources.

i think it was a glitch but it seems to work fine now thanks

This isn’t the place to promote your story. I’ve also noticed you pretty much spamming a bunch of other threads have nothing to do with reviews or promotions. Please keep posts like these strictly to threads that are for reviewing and/or promoting your stories.

I´ve tried that but it didnt work

okay, so I’ve was able to make it into a overlay, and i tried to make it loop but it wouldn’t.

INT. BLACK - NIGHT with FOREST LOOOP
@overlay FOREST LOOOP shifts to 2 2 in 0 in zone 1 AND overlay FOREST LOOOP scales to 0.016 0.016 in 0
&overlay FOREST LOOOP shifts to 2 2 in 0.5 in zone 1 THEN overlay FOREST LOOOP shifts to -638 2 in 0.5 in zone 3 loop INFINITE times

this is what i put, not sure if I’m doing something wrong.

It’s because 2 2 in zone 1 is the same place as -638 2 in zone 3. The overlay doesn’t move at all because those are the same spots.

Also, it would be best to use a different background, or to upload your own black background and use that. The INT. BLACK - NIGHT and INT. WHITE - DAY backgrounds don’t work all that well with overlays for some reason.

ooooooh okay. Thanks <3

lord have mercy, it hates me for some reason. I’ve tried to change it the positioning, but the overlay doesn’t even shift at all when i preview it. its like something overrides it and than the dialogue just appears.

Are you still using the INT. BLACK - NIGHT background?

Thank you! :kissing_heart::heart:

1 Like

I used to have a big problem with overlays and it just clicked when i read this :joy:

no, I’ve switched to the EXT. FOREST LOOPING - NIGHT

um, i fixed it somehow :joy:

Thanks for your help! Now I definitely got better in moving overlays :grin: