A male best friend

I’m creating a story where I want the mc and the second mc to become friends. And I’ve seen a lot of people complaing that men tell women they can’t go out dressed like that. But how would people feel if the guy boosted up the females confidence. For example if she’s going to a club and she dresses in a nice dress that is sorta reveling he could boost her up and say “you look nice in that dress and you for sure are going to get attention”. Or would people not like that.

I don’t want this to be romantic in any way as they are friends.

5 Likes

Personally, I think your idea is pretty good. I would love to see in episode stories more girl&boy friendships (in) which :
a) Are not romantic. I know some people think that a girl and a boy can’t be just friends and at least one of them would always have stronger feelings for the other one. I disagree. Girls and boys can be ‘just’ friends and act more like siblings than lovers.
b) The guy is not a gay. Or the girl is not a lesbian. I’m not telling this because I’m against diversity (I’m not, trust me) but because it’s becoming an episode cliché. Why can’t we have straight best friends?

Also, it would be nice to see male friend supporting his female friend, doesn’t matter if in fashion or dating area.

3 Likes

Would you personally like it better if it’s just two friends or a group. Because my plan was to make a group of friends and they support each other in ways like that? And it can be in any area.

1 Like

It’s hard to choose between a duo and a group of friends. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, e.g.:

• if there were just two of them, it could be pretty hard to make the characters act like a friends. Some readers may confuse the male best friend for love interest. Such problem can be easily avoided in a group of friends, because the reader’s attention is focused on more characters.
  • in a group with more than three characters it’s a bit risky. Sometimes authors focus on development of a main character and one friend, the others are, well… More or less just background characters. From time to time, they appear on the screen and then disappear again.

My explanation is a bit messy but I hope it’s understandable :smile:
Whatever you choose, I would only advise you to make each character special in his/her own way and avoid stereotypes.

1 Like

Ok, thank you! This helped a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I would read it I love the idea itself

1 Like

What’s your story called?

1 Like

Cupid Screwed Up

1 Like

I am sooo going to read it I hope you know that!!!

1 Like

Thanks but it isn’t done. And it’s my first story so I’m still trying to figure it out. :confused:

1 Like

Lol,I am making my first story and I will be up soon :grimacing:

What’s your about?

1 Like

A girl who lives on her own little bubble and then someone comes along and twists it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That sounds interesting let me know when it’s published. Is it ink or limelight?

1 Like

LImelight

1 Like

Mines limelight too! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

It’s called a true loves kiss :kissing_heart:

1 Like

I am excited to post it :slight_smile:

1 Like

That’s good, do you plan to write more stories after this one?

1 Like