A message for artists/requesters...🤍

Hey guys,
I decided to speak about this today as I’ve been feeling pretty low recently due to stress and some other sh*t.

If you’re an artist on here, (literally anyone who takes requests for anything episode related), please, please, please don’t overwork yourselves. If you have something personal, or you’re dealing with something mentally or you’re just stressed out, I would honestly take a break from taking requests especially if you have a lot. Don’t feel obliged to do the request just because you accepted it. Because life isn’t always sweet, and sometimes things that aren’t so great come up and can really kill your motivation.
Forcing yourselves to do requests even though your mind isn’t really ready to do so, or your not in the right zone mentally, that’s okay. You don’t owe anything to anyone. Sometimes breaks are much needed, but you didn’t realise it earlier. Don’t force yourself to do requests if something important has popped up. Family, and your mental health always comes first.
Requesters…
If an artist has denied, or put your request on hold, don’t be salty about it. :skull: Your request was a want, whereas the artists mental health and state is a must. Try to be more considerate and understand that people have lives outside the forums. People may be happy and lovely on here, but you don’t actually know what they’re going through. Ngl, I’ve been depressed at one point and when I told my friends about it eventually they were shocked. Sometimes you don’t really know what an individual is going through behind the scenes, which is why I felt the need to stress this subject.

To conclude my rant, artists, it’s okay not to accept/take a break from a request you said you’d do. Your health and happiness always comes first.
And requesters, please always be considerate and empathetic with artists, they’re so talented and deserve all the understanding and sympathy if a request can’t be done.
I hope you and your families are all safe rn too. :two_hearts:
:heart::heart::heart:

46 Likes

OMG thaank you sm for this thread means a lot and thaanks for taking effort in writing this :revolving_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

3 Likes

I love this :heartpulse::upside_down_face:

3 Likes

It’s no problem, I’ve been feeling pretty shit and I felt like it needed to be addressed. :two_hearts::two_hearts:

4 Likes

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

4 Likes

yeaah i recently started with an art shop tho i don´t feel stressed yet :sweat_smile: :sparkles:

3 Likes

I wish your art shop good luck ! :two_hearts:

5 Likes

Thank you so so much for writing the post! It was really good to hear cause especially first weeks I started helping people I used to go to bed at 3-4 am and felt awful the next morning :see_no_evil:
So again thank you! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

thaank you and i hope i find a great way to manage the requests :heart:

3 Likes

It’s alright, and I used to do that too (with read&feedback requests), and I’d have skl the next day and feel like crap. I had enough of feeling like it so I started giving myself the benefit of the doubt and started to take a break…and it helped. :two_hearts::dizzy:

5 Likes

Yes, I finally understood it just recently. It’s more than okay to take a break!

3 Likes

I love this ! I would love to help some people and give them a free realistic cover but because of school, college, exams I can’t (I don’t have time to make a whole drawing only for myself). I have 15 big art projects I have to finish for my portfolio plus I’ll have to make another one so is gonna be around 20 and one can take me one week to finish. I have to study for the SAT and once I finish that one, I have to study the ACT. I have to start applying with colleges once I passed the exams and do a art portfolio (I want to be an architect, so I need one) and send it with my test results. Teachers are giving stuff that takes HOURS. Other than school, I got another online class which takes hours and is pretty hard to understand what is going on. I have to write my college essay and start applying for scholarships which many will need me to write multiple essays. Like I can barely breath, and just thinking about the portfolios and the limited time I have to complete them makes me wanna cry and give up

3 Likes

Don’t give up! Also, I would recommend not taking requests for now and focus on your priorities. Take breaks when necessary and maybe go out for a walk and listen to music (it helps me lol). I wish you all the best btw. :kissing_heart::two_hearts:

3 Likes

Bump :white_heart::dizzy:

2 Likes

Thank you for these wonderful words @Brat :two_hearts::two_hearts:

I’m not going to lie I’ve forced some things on me here and their, and they’ve made me really unmotivated and depressed because some days I don’t feel as happy as I may think I am…

So reading this made me realize a lot and it definitely helped a lot so thank you :sparkles::sparkles::dizzy::dizzy:

2 Likes

what if i already say yes to the request?

1 Like

You can always decline

It doesn’t matter if you said you’ll do it, it’s better to stop doing one thing then lose your motivation for the entire thing, if that makes sense :sparkles::sparkles:

3 Likes

ily t and just know that it’s also okay for you to take breaks too :heart: we all have those days or sometimes weeks where we don’t feel up to it, so make sure you don’t stress yourself out.

1 Like

I’m glad this helped you and yeah, you deserve a break if you feel like you’re being forced/unmotivated to do any art. :kissing_heart::two_hearts::two_hearts:

2 Likes

Right, and ilym :kissing_heart::white_heart::white_heart:

1 Like