I don’t know if Episode will see this or not. Maybe the moderators could pass this on to the rest of the Episode team? I don’t know.
There have been many issues with Episode lately. It seems they are running out of ideas of what to write, since they are taking some stories from another writing platform and transferring them to Episode. Writers are also asking for more than what Episode is releasing. (We don’t really know how many things they are currently working on though.) Episode is a successful business (people say that anyway, and it isn’t hard to believe.) But Episode needs to change.
Here’s what I think Episode should do:
- Create ads showing concepts other than romance, and use them along with the current ones. This will draw in people with different interests, creating a more diverse community.
- Write stories with no romance or optional romance. You can write just as much romance as you do now! But don’t force it. Not everyone wants it. Create new and interesting stories, too! Write about a person who can throw fireballs! Write about a zombie apocalypse! Write about a medieval war! Expand your stories!
- Feature some stories that aren’t all about romance. Stories without romance are just as worthy of being featured as stories that have romance.
- Strive for more diversity! Make sure everyone is accepted within the Episode community.
- Listen to feedback. I can’t say you never do. I have seen comments on the forums from people working at Episode, replying to requests. Although something that seems long overdue would be different body types. If you do this, you could make a new body shape and slowly adapt clothing to that shape. There’s no need to rush. Another thing a lot of people want are pets. The story “Positively Princess” uses horses, though I don’t know if they are actual characters or animated overlays. Either way, animal characters would be cool to have, and are even crucial. Maybe you could release just cats and dogs, and slowly add new features with other updates.
I hope this reaches the Episode team and that they consider trying out these suggestions.
And even though this talks about how Episode themselves should improve, I think those of us using the forums should be more supportive of Episode. We should not refrain from being critics, but we need to support Episode too. Just because they are a business doesn’t mean no one should bother giving them support.