A Message to Episode

You should make an outline first, unlike what I did for a long time which was to write and perfect all the scenes before knowing what in the world the story is about. That strategy did not work.

3 Likes

that sounds like me not too long ago, but im already one step ahead of ya :joy: for my current story I think I have a little too many facts on it

3 Likes

Imma go to bed. Night night! :kissing_heart:

3 Likes

night! :heart:

3 Likes

Night!

1 Like

I never thought I’d make a thread that got over 100 posts in about an hour.

4 Likes

congrats :joy: I should probably head to bed as well, good night! :milky_way:

2 Likes

Okay, I’m done with the forums for the night. Too many posts for one day.

2 Likes

I’ve seen a story called “Wanderlust Academy” it’s an awesome story. The main character’s best friend is disabled. They managed to make the wheelchair overlay look so realistic! So, even if episode didn’t add any proper disability things, we can still try making some for the time being!

6 Likes

I’m looking into finding an overlay for that, but i kind of meant to include in featured stories and made an overlay for all using to read.

But i’ll be sure to check the story out

1 Like

Oh I see.
Yes, I really hope that these are taken into consideration and included in featured stories.

3 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since Community is for discussion of specific stories. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about where to correctly create topics, and feel to PM me if there are any questions. :wink:

1 Like

I LOVE THAT STORY! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Duemadiri by Corvaena has optional romance.

1 Like

If you (or anyone) is interested, @Mavis has the wheelchair overlays in her drive. She has it in pieces so you can make it more realistic by having one “arm” of the chair covering the character :slight_smile:
https://linktr.ee/episode.mavis

6 Likes

I’ve seen many people do this, including myself

1 Like

Instead of publishing stories like ‘It Started with a Bra’ or ‘In My Bed’, when they officially publish they can just publish stories Clueless and Mean Girls - official ones based off movies.
Honestly, I think Episodes has the right idea by offering to pay people for their writing - there are some stellar stories out there that are way better than some of the ones that they ‘officially’ put up. What they need to do if focus on finding the best of those, helping them get cleaned up, and promoting those. Also, instead of the team writing subpar stories that won’t get much traffic, the team could work on making it easier for writers to create their own- making more frequent updates to backgrounds, outfits (someone posted about more culturally diverse outfits…and OMG, some of them were truly stunning), and skin tones/body shapes can make a huge difference to story telling. By offering the ability to make more diverse characters, readers can really get lost in the story and will be more likely to continue reading…and more reading, more ads people will watch, so more money for the team.
These boards are awesome for all the help that is offered here - not the team needs to making tools to better help young writers plan stories. If the stories are good, they are going to make money off of them, so it’s a win win for every one.
Romance is the biggest seller - let’s be honest. There is a percentage of readers that like other genres, but put all those together and it’s less than a quarter. The Money is, and always will be, in romance. I think it would still be beneficial to have more visible shelves for thrillers and other non-romance genres, but it’d honestly be a bit of a waste to put serious money into promoting anything other than romance.
What I’d love to see is the team make it easier for readers to find exactly what they’re looking for - make it so a writer can tag certain things so a reader can filter out the genre that they don’t want to read. For example, some people really don’t want to read about the MC getting pregnant, so a writer could put NO PREGNANCY as one of the story tags. And if someone wants a story without romance, that can be a tag as well.
With the ads, they need to work on those - the ones that have are good, but they need to make some more that really show the variety of what this platform offers.

5 Likes

The story plots should be diverse too. And address the Community’s concerns, and criticisms.

4 Likes

It’s not supposed to be about specific stories, people just made some posts about it.

1 Like