A mini rant about my Guinea Pigs

I’ve been holding onto this so long and there is no one for me to complain too. I have three dogs and two guinea pigs, my guinea pigs were my first pets. In September 2018 one of my Guinea pigs passed away at the age of two and I blamed myself and my mom. The reason I blamed my mom was because I told her constantly that my pig was acting strange and I wanted to take her to the vet because I knew she was off. My mom kept telling me she was fine and that it doesn’t really matter if anything happened because she was a guinea pig and she didn’t want to waste her money of her. A few days later my mom let me make an appointment with the vet but my mom then made me cancel it the day of. So my Guinea Pig died a few days later and it hardly impacted my mom. Shortly after I adopted another guinea pig which was in September so my other one wouldn’t be alone. The older one I have now is who this rant is about, she’s three this year and when she was younger she had a bug and the vet said this bug could come back but they could get rid of it. So lately my pig has been acting off and when I told my mom she said the same thing. That she is just a guinea pig and she doesn’t want to waste money on her but I told her I would pay. This has been going on for a week and I know her bug is back and I want to take her to the vet but my mom is refusing.

Growing up I was taught to keep things to myself so I never speed my mind. I’ve been keeping all these emotions in and with my mom not listening about my pet I almost broke down but stopped myself. I asked my mom if she had given the dogs water and she got mad saying she knew how to take care of pets but it just hurts that she won’t let me take my guinea pig. I know they are small creatures but they are still alive and I think my mom needs to learn that because you shouldn’t let an animal die.

Anyways that’s all with my mini rant I just needed to get it off my chest, Wish my guinea pig luck.

2 Likes

Can you close this thread @Jeremy

1 Like

Closed by OP request. :smiley: