A Paradox in Time ~ RP ~ Sign-ups & Chat

Time is like a progressing corridor that surrounds everything, but there are weak spots where Time can break into the present and take/move things. There are also creatures/strange beings from the beginnings and ends of Time that roam the corridor looking for the same weak spots to break through. Always jumping from period to period, blending in.
The setting is in an almost empty 1960s’ American Diner. The only inhabitants are a few people who already start there, they’ll be played by me, are already in FCs. As for other characters (yours), why did Time choose them? They will soon start appearing through portals throughout the diner, created out of nowhere, all of whom will be from different places and eras (maybe anywhere from prehistoric to the future, or Victorian to the 80s). You discover quickly that you cannot leave. After getting over your initial shock, you must work together to find a way to escape and return to your own time. Unfortunately, strange time beings can be anywhere and anyone. They can arrive at any time, and when they do, they’ll be looking for the same thing; an escape.
Clues for escape will be scattered all around the Diner and I’ll slowly reveal them as the story plays out. Will everyone beat the strange time beings to return to their own era? Or will some of you be left behind, stuck in time?
Though, the main question is, is time on your side?

Sign-ups: Just a couple of things I wanted to mention.
Characters should be a whole mixture of ages, please?! Also, try to please vary your characters. Not just having different ages, but different ethnicities and genders too. Close to an equal amount of males and females would be nice.
(I’ll also be looking at faceclaims to POSSIBLY decide on one to two characters to be time beings as well. I will ask them in a PM if I think they’ll fit. :wink:)

The only other thing is to PLEASE check faceclaims before signing up, as I am only allowing two characters per era. :smile: Also, make sure you know about the era you are going to use for your character. (e.g: the mannerisms, technology, etc)

FaceClaims

I aim to start this RP around the beginning to mid-June. Once the RP starts, sign-ups will be closed.

People who were interested … @L375, @Lady-Mehek, @benitz786, @Briar.R, @Chocolate_Mama, @Cam, @ScarletSwanHunter, @FallenAngelNight13, @Once, @Cricket_Master, @Aohebe_S, and @themaystorms.

When the role-play starts, this thread will be used for general chat, so we don’t crowd the RP with out of character chats (OOC or ORP).

Thanks for reading, guys. Hope I haven’t missed anything. If I have then please don’t hesitate to ask below!

I think I’ll reserve but let me read what u wrote first

Reserve for one! :innocent:

screams in excitement

uh I’d like to reserve.
One future female
One 1930s era male
and possibly more if I’m inspired/have the time for more ^-^

Awesome. Thank you, @Chocolate_Mama and @LovingLostCities, for sending in your characters. They are up. :wink:

Eras that are taken:
Future - no more spots. One made, one reserved.
1960s - I have 3, I don’t mind if one more character is created to start in the cafe. If someone wants.
1930s - One reserved.
Medieval - One made.

Plus, one reserve without a chosen era.

Okay, I like this idea

Can I please reserve for a Medieval woman and a man whose era I’ll choose later?

Oh wait, can I change the female medieval for a völva? (Viking age woman so it would be around ~900AD)

EDIT: and can my male be a Renaissance man, please? @CrazyCaliope

A time roleplay! This is going to be fun

I suppose I’d like to reserve for a male from the ages of Greece 800-500 B.C. (I think I might make him a bit sexist as to spice up the roleplay though I will be internally cringing every time I type a sexist comment) and a female from the Civil War 1860s who pretended to be a man so she could fight in the war

Reserve for two 1920 characters!

Can I change my male reserve for Ancient Rome instead? Sorry!

I might join this, but I’m not sure which era my character will be from.

Reserve for 1, for now.

@Hail_the_Stxrs, reading through the FCs, I just wanted to say that I’m in love with how well-developed your character is!

Ahh thank you! I’m honored to hear that coming from you :slight_smile:

If you don’t mind, can I unreserve one 1920s character and have it be a character from the Golden Age of Piracy (some time between 1650 and 1730) instead?

Okay, a reminder that we will start the RP in three weeks.
Why so far away? To give people the opportunity to sign up, while also allowing them to focus on study and finishing the school year. :wink:

Eras that are taken:
Future - No more spots. One made, one reserved.
1960s - I have 3, another is reserved. No more spots.
1930s - One reserved.
1920s - One reserved.
1860s - One reserved.
1650-1730 - One reserved.
Renaissance - One reserved.
Viking - One reserved.
Medieval - One made.
Ancient Rome - One reserved.
Ancient Egypt - One reserved.

@CrazyCaliope
Could I make my reserve come from… Ancient Egyptian times?
(Time to remember Ancient Egyptian lifestyles… uh oh)

Can I make my Reserve from 1960s?

Sorry for the late reply, I didn’t see this.
Yes, you can, but they’ll be starting in the cafe already.

Okay, a reminder that we will start the RP in two weeks.
Why so far away? To give people the opportunity to sign up, while also allowing them to focus on study and finishing the school year. :wink: I’m also starting another RP next and don’t want to start them at the same time.

Eras that are taken:
Future - No more spots. One made, one reserved.
1960s - I have 3, another is reserved. No more spots.
1930s - One reserved.
1860s - One made.
1720 - One made.
Renaissance - One reserved.
Viking - One reserved.
Medieval - One made.
Ancient Rome - One reserved.
Ancient Egypt - One reserved.

Please start getting your reserves signed up so that I can think about each character’s portal and way to get home. :wink:
Reserved: @SilverStar, @Lady-Mehek, @Cam, @Hail_the_Stxrs, @themaystorms, @L375, and @jdepisode

Which did I reserve? :thinking: