A question about periods

Is it normal for you to have your period 2 times a month? I have looked into it, some resources say yes it’s normal, and others say no. I’m kinda scared that I may have a medical condition or something. Do you guys know if this is normal?

10 Likes

Perfectly normal, I don’t know how old you are and since when you have your period, but don’t worry about it.

Somewhere in the second year when I had my period I started to have two week long periods with a heavy flow.

I was kinda done with this and went to the doctor, they told me I could go on birth control to make it more regular.

So if your parents are okay with birth control, you can try going to the doctor and see if they say the same as my doctor did.

Checking in with a doctor overall never hurts to try.

Overall, I’m no doctor, this is what I did and it worked for me.

10 Likes

Okay, I know where you are coming from. Yeah, I have told my parents and they said it was okay. But I am always so unsure. Thank you, I will ask my parents if I could possibly see the doctor. Thank you very much. <3

4 Likes

its normal… only for sometimes

4 Likes

What times is it not?

2 Likes

periods are freaking weird, mine jumped over a mounth a few mounths back. I also tried I had my period there went a week and I got it again

periods can change, because of stress, or new invirements. unleash this keep happening there is nothing to worry about

6 Likes

Oh, okay! Thank you. I do feel a little bit better :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

From what I know, it’s normal if the distance between each cycle is 14 days and above.

Also, it would be nice to reword the topic as “a question about periods” as not every girl/woman menstruates and not everyone who menstruates is a girl :grin:

4 Likes

I’m totally not an expert on periods, but I’ve been experiencing “abnormal periods” ever since I got my first. So I totally get where you’re coming from haha

First thing to know is that a regular menstrual cycle can be 21 to 35 days long. So, say you have it every 21 days, that would technically make it a twice per month period. So long as your cycle is more or less within this period range, with no excruciating pain or super heavy flow, I wouldn’t worry about it.

Another thing you need to consider is how old you are and when you first started menstruating. During the first few years people are likely to experience all sorts of irregularities with their bleeding (heavy to light etc., short to long etc., painful to pain-free etc…) and for some people, their period never settles to a precise interval. So if you’re still rather new to menstruating, consider that a lot of humans experience this!

However, if you feel unsure about anything that might be going on with your body, the best thing you can do is pay your family doctor or even better your gynecologist/ObGyn a visit! Periodic gynecological visits are a must for everyone anyway, young or old, so don’t feel shy to ask for professional help!

Either way, whatever your situation is, remember to keep calm and not to trust the internet too much. We all know how the common cold becomes a tumor online :joy:

11 Likes

Oh, okay! Thank you for telling me!

2 Likes

Thank you for telling me this. I am 16 years old and got my period before my 13th birthday. I’ve always had this thing about my discharge being abnormal too, so I looked into those things too. Videos on youtube and tik tok said you should have 1 every month, so I was always concerned about that also. I looked online and say some things that said it could be because of a medical condition, which I’m nervous about. Every time I begin my period, it is very light, never get heavy, and is already brown. I’m not even sure if that is normal. But yeah, I guess everybody is different…

I’ve decided to talk to my parents about it also. I do want to see the gynecologist, just to make sure. And yes, never trust the internet too much lol.

Thank you so much! <3

3 Likes

No problem!

Yes, this is a wise decision. Unfortunately I was introduced to my gynecologist in my late teens and totally missed a whole lot of information regarding periods. My aunt even scolded my mom when she found out, my cousin had her first visit in her early teens. And what I learned is that even if there’s nothing wrong going on with your body, you should have a check-up appointment once in a while anyways. Best of luck! :hugs:

7 Likes

Yes, and that is what I have been told. Even if there are no problems, you should go just for a check-up. Thank you for your amazing knowledge. <3

4 Likes

it’s perfectly normal. a lot of things can cause your cycle to change, especially stress.

4 Likes

so true. it even changes after you have kids for some women.

4 Likes

Okay, thank you. Yeah, I’m going to check with my parents and try to seek help, just in case.

4 Likes

okay luv. good luck :slight_smile:

3 Likes

My period is so weird I haven’t had it in 3 months it usually skips a few months and then it comes out of nowhere. My friends say I’m lucky but I’m really not because I’m always paranoid at school. XD (I’m almost 15 btw!!)

4 Likes

Okay, I get it. I do know that it can and will be irregular for years until your body is doing it for awhile (or at least this is what I’ve been told. Yeah, and I feel you for that one. Paranoia is a real thing lol!

3 Likes

Yeah it is. It’s actually more normal when you just start getting it in the very beginning since your area is adjusting to getting your period. It’s also very common if you exercise a lot and this also causes you to loose it for a month to 3 or more. I’m not entirely sure why this is but it occurs when your other systems are working while on ur period.

Mine is odd too though. When I played sports, it skipped for 2-3 months because my coaches made us workout 4-5 times a week of hardcore running and lifting. Plus when I first got my period, which was at age 10 years old, it was very inconsistent. So it is.

4 Likes