A quick how-to for Discourse!

At the top there are three icons.

• Search
  • Hamburger Menu
  • Profile/Account

Search allows you to search within that top thread, or the entire site.

Within:
DiscourseHow-to_4

Entire:

Opening up “options” takes you to an “advanced search” page where you have additional arrays of options to narrow down your search.

Hamburger Menu is a menu that allows for quick access to all the forums and additional links to jump you from specified topics, themes, and many other items.

The Profile/Account button allows to check your dynamic notifications. You can see who liked your posts, what badges you’ve earned, messages received, etc.
DiscourseHow-to_2

On the right side, near the top are where the forum title is, along with filter buttons.

These allow you to filter by an array of categories.

• Sub-forums
  • Topics
  • Tags

Sub-forums or Categories
DiscourseHow-to_5

Topics
DiscourseHow-to_6

Tags
DiscourseHow-to_7

In addition, you can sort by Latest, New, Unread and Top posts within those topics.

Subscribing or Creating a Topic are located to the left of the filters.

Subscribing
DiscourseHow-to_8

Creating a Topic - tapping the “+ New Topic” button will bring a menu up from the bottom of your screen, and you’ll be able to preview your post before it goes out. You can also modify its destination.

Your topic will appear like this in any sub-forum you’ve directed it to. On it, you’ll be able to observe the users on the post, the replies it has, the views, and the latest activity.

29 Likes

7 months…

9 Likes

Cool.

1 Like

that’s helpful.

1 Like

:expressionless:

2 Likes

:joy: Your reaction.

2 Likes

I wanna make a new topic in the creator’s corner for some help with coding but it won’t let me! There’s no “New Topic” button!!!

4 Likes

Cool

This is amazing :heart:

1 Like

Bump!

Why can’t i create new topics :frowning:

1 Like

Bump! :nerd_face:

I’m not sure if you figured it out already but in case not, u can read this for future reference: Trust Levels & How They Work! :wilted_flower:

i have a question, why cant i make a new topic? how can i make a new topic?

Newer accounts can’t make posts, I’m not sure when you can… I don’t remember. But I think after a couple hours? (1 hour maybe)

2 Likes

oh.

1 Like

i just leveled up and i can make a new topic now. thank u for giving me this information!

2 Likes

Np! I wasn’t sure :joy:

I think so too

how do you create posts .?

2 Likes

there are many informative sites as well like the leading gear

1 Like