A rant you will hate to miss

Hello everyone,
I am a new episode Author and I am here to rant!

I am not ranting about popular Authors always trending and having million reads! NO! They worked for it!

My rant is to my fellow new authors that usually complain of not having reads.
You guys don’t even read other new authors story without a read for read trade (Which i was guilty was)
You guys want people to magically read your stories when some of you don’t care about what new authors are publishing. You are still busy reading Mean Girls, Pitch Perfect and the big story (There is nothing wrong with that)

But I am tired of seeing new authors complaining about reads

I know how it feels to spend days, weeks , month writing and you will end up begging for reads.

I was almost depressed today because i know how long I spent writing my story and i was begging for reads, I wanted to give up but I had to remind myself why I was writing.

So please, let the complain about popular and new authors end. Let us support each other.
You can easily go to the forum, look for a new author story, read one episode if you don’t like it close it and move to another one.
You will find a good one.

I am sorry for the rant and I am sorry if I offend anyone.
Thanks for reading

29 Likes

9 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community as this is an Episode-specific post. Also! If you want to write a rant there’s actually a whole thread devoted to it here! Feel free to post rants there in the future :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I don’t agree only with one thing. Starting authors should have a special shelf. I’m always in new stories shelf looking for hidden gems, but I also seeing same stories that’s been there for weeks.

7 Likes

Let us say they release a new shelf
What will be there?
Most new authors are always exicted to release something…
So they don’t take their time to learn the directing and more

1 Like

I agree with that. A lot of authors don’t put much effort in their stories and except to be famous or featured. I personally write for myself, that’s my hobby. I’m actually more into coding than writing but nevertheless I enjoy doing it! :grin:

3 Likes

That’s why we have a ton of posts here that saying to do not rush with things and learn at least basic things first.

1 Like

[quote=“youngblackboy, post:7, topic:21845”]
their
[/quote
Same here… I had a hard time learning coding but how I am proud to say I am good at it

1 Like

Agreee

We new authors beg other new authors for read. R4R.

1 Like

For example @brvnda, she started and she was asking about everything which is good because that’s how she learned. :grin:

1 Like

There is nothing bad in asking! It is good way to learn

I released my first story after six weeks of learning…

Although I met most awesome people in the world by doing R4R I’m not doing it anymore.
I just decided to let it be :grin:

1 Like

R4R I don’t think it really helps… You will only get 0.06% true readers

1 Like

I agree. My first story is almost a year old and it has under 1K reads, and so when I see self-acclaimed “new authors” upset about not having any reads, I always have a little nosey at their stories and it’s kind of annoying to see them have more reads than me.

I fully believe that you have to be the change you want to see. And that’s why I love checking out the new user stories category. I know it’s not a shelf like everyone wants, but I’ve found some pretty decent stories there anyway.

8 Likes

I have read so many ‘first’ stories written by new authors and I have also read quite a few stories with millions of reads. There is a clear significant difference. Every once and a while, there will be a story by a new author that you can easily say to yourself ‘this story is going to do amazing’. It doesn’t happen very often, lets be honest.
And I certainly don’t mean that in an insulting way at all - the new authors that expect thousands of reads to happen over night, often haven’t mastered the basics of coding or found their writing style and need help along the way. Which I believe, is where anyone with a little bit of experience should pitch in. :slightly_smiling_face:

The best thing about knowledge is the ability to pass it on but for some reason people are hesitant to it or expect something in return.
I think if everyone helped one another master their downfalls, the resulting stories would be amazing!

4 Likes

So true :heart_eyes::heart::heart::heart:

Hi there y’all! Don’t mind me interrupting this, but there is a feature suggestion for a New Stories shelf so please be sure to support it ^-^

Us small authors need to get out there!

1 Like

Exactly!!!

1 Like