A small issue with overlay scaling

hi, i’m completely new to coding and i’m pretty sure that what i’m trying to pull is possible, yet after a hundred tries i still have no clue how to do that properly.

INT. CEDRICK LIVING ROOM 1
@cut to zone 2
@overlay INTRO create
@overlay INTRO opacity 1 in 0
@overlay INTRO scales to 1.000 1.000 in 0
@overlay INTRO shifts to 63 -438 in zone 2 in 0
@overlay INTRO shifts to 63 144 in zone 2 in 3
@overlay INTRO scales to 150% 150% in 1
@overlay INTRO scales to 100% 100% in 1
@overlay INTRO opacity 0 in 1

what i wanted to do was to make the overlay appear on the screen, go up, grow a little, then go back to it’s normal size and fade away. i did almost everything aside from one thing - when it’s scaling up, it moves from the center, and i would like it to stay there, but i have no clue how to make it so. any tips?

@overlay INTRO create
&overlay INTRO scales to 1.000 1.000 in 0
&overlay INTRO shifts to 63 -438 in zone 2 in 0
@overlay INTRO opacity 1 in 0

@overlay INTRO shifts to 63 144 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay INTRO scales to 150% 150% in 1 THEN overlay INTRO scales to 100% 100% in 1 THEN overlay INTRO opacity 0 in 1

Maybe like this?
And I’ve never seen % with the scale command; does it work?

it still does the exact same thing, i also don’t see much difference between those two codes. maybe i explained it poorly? here’s a gif of what my preview is showing.

when the overlay is scaling up, it moves unsymetrically to one side and i would like it to somehow expad “equally” so its stays right in the middle.

and yes, % work with scaling. from what i’ve read you can use either a number or a percentage.

Well then you have to manually add @overlay INTRO shifts to 63 144 in zone 2 in 3 THEN overlay INTRO scales to 150% 150% in 1 and overlay INTRO shifts to ### in 1 THEN overlay INTRO scales to 100% 100% in 1 THEN overlay INTRO opacity 0 in 1 because the scaling animation have as “anchor point” the bottom left angle of the overlay

1 Like

ahhh, i can already see that this is going to be a struggle. but thank you for your help! i will mark it as a solution.

1 Like

No problem!

Closed: marked as solved by op. :v: