A smalll question

can we take a drawn art as reference or it may be against rules

7 Likes

Guess we can but don’t trace it

3 Likes

Not sure tho

1 Like

Even I have the same doubt becosthe requestor wanted it to be the same way. May be I will send her request to u

2 Likes

Ohh no no haha

Sorry but don’t take it prsnlly I have tons of requests nd I don’t think I will be taking any requests now haha

1 Like

Hey girl I am not asking to take that request…I am asking if I can do it or its against rules

2 Likes

Yeah I got it sorry for tht :grimacing:

2 Likes

It is legal to draw something from a drawn reference image, as long as you do not trace it at all! Referencing is looking at the reference image, whilst copying is tracing over the outlines with a drawing utensil. Hope this helps!

5 Likes

I would add that it depends on the artist who made the original creation. For example some well known Instagram artists who make covers etc for episode users, do explicitly state that they do not want their art used as a reference. They ask anyone who receives their art as a reference to refuse and ask for a different one. So while it may be legal, I would advise checking with the artists or just flat out refusing.

2 Likes

Hi there @Amelia_epi, you can check out this thread for more information about art references: Episode Explained: Art and References :smiley:

1 Like

Yea thank u guys for helping!!!

1 Like

refrence is fine, copying is not

melani made a forum explaining copying vs refrence

Episode Explained: Art and References - Creator’s Corner / Episode Explained - Episode Forums (episodeinteractive.com)