A Title That Angers Me

Oh! My mistake. But might I say, I love your knowledge of grammar.

Haha thanks! I tend to end up correcting my teachers when they try to say something about grammar.

The rule is that “I” is the subject. It does the verb. “Me” is the object. It either has the verb done to it or for it. The verb is the action. Does that make sense? :blush:

1 Like

Thank God someone brought this issue in the spotlight! Thanks so much! :yellow_heart:

1 Like

Lol okay title don’t bother me but everyone have different views of things

Yeah, I feel like the title sums up the story up, rather than the description.

1 Like

Yup!

How did you learn about grammar? I mean, the background and all.

Ok kool I understand

That’s so true cuz everyone speaks differently and understanding different language makes you understand grammar more.

Definitely! And different languages have unique grammar. Like how French, Spanish, Russian etc have masculine and feminine nouns… and you have to change the verbs to match the gender of the word. Then there are languages like Japanese where the verb comes at the end of the sentence, so you say “I Shannii am” instead of “I am Shannii”.

Then there’s the fact that articles like “an” or “the” don’t exist in Slavonic languages like Slovak. So many unique things to learn! And learning grammar in one language helps you with your own… because you start to be able to see the differences

1 Like

Lots of reading, lots of languages and lots of passion :grin:

Pick up a good book or two. Start with the building blocks of grammar - words. Find out the differences between different types or words. Add those words together into phrases and keep going like that! The more you break it down, the more sense it makes when you add it all back together

@ChaoticDeluge

I speak spanish but I want to learn French, Korean and Hindi

Personally, I’d recommend Korean or Hindi first. Try to get away from Romance languages… you don’t wanna learn too similar languages too close together - even if Spanish is a naive language. Keep a really radically different one in between them and then come back to French :blush: it will stop you from mixing them up too much

1 Like

Okay thanks I’ll remember that but I really want to learn Korean so I’ll go for that first