Aaliyah's Honest Reviews! đŸ–€

It’s such a great story! It’s not predictable and that’s something most people can’t capture.
I hope to see Gal in the future episodes, but I won’t know that until I read chapters 6-7 :thinking:
Thank you for linking your story and allowing me to review it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hello!! I would love a review for my first story!!
Author: Madhu
Story Title: Black hearts golden desires
Genre: fanatsy/action /drama/romance
Description: Nand, a sorcerer princess of solataria, has two loving sisters whom she loves to the level of infinity
but what will happen when it’s the vice versa and an old enemy comes back for revenge? Will nand overcome it and save her sisters?
Chapter: 5 published
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5019562149478400
Instagram: @episode.angelindisguise
Cover:

If you guys really like my story
pls follow me on insta @episode_angelindisguise for sneak peeks and updates

2 Likes

You know we agreed on doing a read for read?

Yeah np but i want a review too
U can do it if u dont mind

1 Like

Hey actually u typed my story title wrong in your waiting list can u change it?

1 Like

Betting on a double by @Kalani-Santino
Feedback.

Rating: 6/10

Thoughts on cover: Eh. Personally it’s not the best and If I seen it on the app I wouldn’t be interested on clicking on your story.
Thoughts on descriptions: The description is good. It cuts right to the point.
Plot development: The plot is confusing
 It seems rushed and all over the place. It has potential. It just seems like you decided to rush to put your story out in the public without really developing it. You have way too much narration.
Backgrounds: Good quality.
Music: You use sound.
Choices: You have choices.
Sentence structure: You have quite a few run on sentences. There was too many for me to catch.
& like I said in the OP I am not an expert.
Ways to improve: Take your time, I will put down a link to help you make your story better.

Tips, Tricks & discussions by Cookie.

Tips, tricks & discussions: How to make your story better

Review:

Episode 1

• When you start the scene with the characters fight you should already have them doing the animation.

INT - BACKGROUNDNAME - DAY
&CHAR spot AND CHAR2 spot
&CHAR1 is punch_jab AND CHAR2 is punch_receive THEN CHAR1 is punch_jap THEN CHAR2 is punch_recieve & repeat on the same line
@transition iris in black in T

• “Come on pretty boy get up and fight like a man”. Come on, pretty boy get up and fight like a man."

Comma needs to be after come on and between pretty boy because it’s a direct address. If the name is at the end, as in the example above, the comma goes before the name.

• you’re ending a sentence with a comma. That’s what you consider an incomplete sentence. Either put a period or use a dash (-)

• Your overlays look good.

• Change the number “3 months” into three months.

A simple rule for using numbers in writing is that small numbers ranging from one to ten (or one to nine, depending on the style guide) should generally be spelled out . Larger numbers (i.e., above ten) are written as numerals

• You should try zooming in closer to your characters while they talk.

• Mom doesn’t need to capitalized because it’s in the middle of the sentence.

Ways to know when not to capitalized mom - When the word is preceded by “my”, “your”, or any other possessive adjective.

• Same thing goes with brother, father, sister.

• When Lexus is talking, Jord mouth is still moving. - Mall scene.

• You have these awkward long pauses. They’re around 3-4 second long.

• God needs to be capitalized because it’s a name.

• Too much narration. Show don’t tell.

• “Take it away Bren.” It needs to be “Take it away, Bren.” Read my earlier notes.

• You need periods at the end of each sentence. It looks more professional and It makes your sentences a complete sentence.

• “A glass of Red wine, a pint of beer and what do you want Jord?” Correct it to " A glass of red wine, a pint of beer and what do you want, Jord?" A comma should be after want and between Jord and red should be lowercase.

• “Bar girl” bar doesn’t need to be capitalized because it’s not a name nor is it in the beginning of the sentence.

• “She’s old enough to be my Mum Lex.” Once again - " Comma after Mom. Mom needs to lowercase.

• Make sure to put your characters in idle_loop or change animations after each dialogue.

• You should have your characters walk in rear.

• Backgrounds are stiff. You should have them in talk_loop animations.

• The plot is moving too fast. I don’t even know what is going on.

My advice: Plan out your characters and episode 1 a little more. You have way too much narration going on. Everything is rushed. I barely even know who the characters are. They’re supposed to be in highschool but yet they’re making out with grown ass adults??? & drinking underage???

Episode 2

• You use transitions well.

• When Ricky gets down from the bed he looks like is floating on top. You might want to fix your spotting.

• For them to be teenagers they don’t act like it

• The option to slap the wife and Ricky is a little absurd if you ask me.

• You’re using spots and then you used the exit command.
    Instead, do this;

@CHAR walks to spot in zone 3 or 4
@remove CHAR

Episode 3

• You’re narrating things
 That we see. The narration is pointless.

• Zooms. You should zoom in on the characters as they speak. It definitely will make or break a story.

Your story has potential. It’s not my taste. I think if you go back in and take your time. Your story could be really great. I gave you a link that will help you with that. In no way am I trying to put you or your story down. This is just my opinion.

Plot (6.5/10)
Choices (8/10)
Directing (8/10)
Grammar (7/10)
Overall (7/10)
Overall score:
40/50

3 Likes

Thank you :blush: I will take all the feedback on board. I’m dissapointed it seemed rushed as I have worked for months before publishing and I also have a proof reader but I will look and see if I can make it seem less rushed.

Thank you for the grammer tips and the link everything is a learning curve for me as I’m new to learning grammer and I’m really not that good yet :blush:

They’re teenagers but they are 18 and the adults are 22-25 so not as bad as it seems.

Thank you again for taking the time and I will use your advise to improve my story :blush::two_hearts:

1 Like

I’m back to say
 all chapters are corrected! Thank you so much, again, for taking the time to be so detailed with your review! It’s been done justice and used to the fullest!

1 Like

No problem! :slightly_smiling_face:

Title : Take My Heart
Episode Author : Jiya
Genre : Romance
Episodes : 1 (more to come)
Style : Ink
Link : http://episodeinteractive.com/s/4602924031868928
Description : Shawn visits NY to get away from his childhood love. But what happens when he meets an ordinary girl? Will she help him unite with his love or show him what real love is?

Cover

Take_My_Heart_pc_posterThumb_thV1iW52T5

1 Like

I would love for you to review 5 chapters too please if you can! I just published episode 5 today!!

1 Like

I WILL BE RESUMING REVIEWS ON SUNDAY, APRIL 14TH
 MY ORDER IS RANDOM BUT THE SECOND PERSON ON MY LIST WILL BE NEXT BECAUSE SHE’S BEEN WAITING A WHILE @RainbowCat — YOU WILL GET A NOTIFICATION WHEN I AM DONE. AGAIN PLEASE DO NOT RUSH ME ESPECIALLY NOT TODAY I AM RUNNING ON NO SLEEP AND I WON’T HESITANT TO DENY YOUR REQUEST.

5 Likes

sounds good!! thanks for letting us all know!

1 Like

Story name: MoonStar
Author: Mayalina
Genre: Fantasy/romance
style: Limelight
episodes: 5 (more coming!!)
description: You play as a girl called Michaela. She is an half elf half human girl who lives alone with her sister. But for some reason Michaela is being hunted by an evil elf group who are trying to kill her. Will she survive? And why do they want to kill her?
Instagram: mayalina.episode
link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5505856963936256

Let me know what you think!!

1 Like

Hey! I would love a review and I don’t mind waiting :slight_smile: I have two stories but I’ll give you one for now. Take your time hun!

Title: Be My Princess
Author: Rahdia
Genre: Drama/Romance
Episodes: 3 (on going)
STYLE: (INK VERSION)
Story: Noah is an average teenager until she finds out that she is betrothed to the cold hearted prince. His aunt threatens to seize the throne; while her son falls in love with Noah. Will Noah pull through or will she change the monarchy for the better?

Cover:

1 Like

@RainbowCat
I’ve read your story before lol and gave you a review before. I just realized as I found you in my favorites and my pms :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Lol oh, sorry :see_no_evil:

1 Like

It’s not problem at all :slightly_smiling_face:
From what I remember, I liked your story :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Story name: © Tribe of Malapinchi
Author: Jannah Jackson
Genre: Thriller/Mystery/Horror/Fantasy/Adventure
Episodes: 5/6
Description Summary: Toss into a land of the sun, magic, lies and dark secrets in Asia. Can you survive, solve the havoc and save everyone before it’s too late? FullCC
Style Secret Surprise
Link: http://episodeinteractive.com/s/5909308359180288
Cover

1 Like