About backgrounds for stories

Hey everyone,

I was just wondering do you know if episode will approve of backgrounds from “Pinterest* as I’ve found a few backgrounds I would like to use in my stories.

Thank you

1 Like

yaas

2 Likes

Thank you

1 Like

They might accidentally approve them, but background from Pinterest and Google are copyrighted and should not be used.

Using free image sites such as Episode Life, Pixabay, Unsplash, FlowerGriefer’s Backgrounds, and other free websites as well as people’s Google Drive’s is a much better, and safer option.

7 Likes

Hi, you shouldn’t use Pinterest or google backgrounds as they may have been reposted or not be royalty-free for commercial use. Background drives, background sharing threads that state how to credit, and sites like pexels, pixbay, and un-splash would be better used.

3 Likes

no, they might but that is a mistake since pinterest is not copyright free, and its against the rules to use anything there is copyrigyted

4 Likes

I totally agree with @KylieJay and @line123462 → When you use ‘Pinterest’, it’s not easy to find out who the creator of the background is. And you always need to credit the creators of the backgrounds in your story. So, what @emerald.epi said is definitely not the solution.

2 Likes

credit alone is not enough, you need permission unleash the creator has it written its free to use, with or with out credit

2 Likes

Of course. But mostly when you get the backgrounds from Episode life, they already gave permission. But you are right, if you use a free background always ask for permission, too. :point_right: Sorry, when are you using a free background without credit (not talking about the standard Episode-backgrounds)?? To be honest if I have a free background from a creator I always credit… Don’t want to get my story kicked of Episode only because I forgot to credit backgrounds. :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

Thank you, I’m currently looking on some of the websites recommendations. As I do make some myself, but I also prefer ones I can credit for

2 Likes

oh yes yes, thanks so much for this :sparkles:

2 Likes

hey, you can remove the solution on my replied comment hehe, I’m sorry :sweat_smile:

1 Like