About Character Customization

Honest Confession : I should not read stories that allow the reader to pick names. On the most recent story, I went through and named every single character Lee One, Lee Two, Lee Three, Lee Four, Lee Five and Lee Six. There’s nothing like

Lee Two : Have you seen Lee Three?
Lee One : I believe Lee Three is with Lee Five.
Lee Six : Oh, I just saw her. Lee Three is in the bathroom kissing Lee Four.

As for CC, I like to make the guys as crazy looking as possible, and at times, make everyone look the same.

5 Likes

Lol, that is one of my favorite things to do. But sometimes I regret it, especially when I laugh my head off in front of a whole bunch of people who don’t know what episode is. Believe me, I’m never reading an episode story at another family reunion. Ever. Again. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

You brought up a nice idea about the personalities. I think it makes the most sense, to select personalities along with character customization. The idea of choosing personalities has crossed my mind several times before, too, and I usually wondered why no one has tried it out yet. But at the same time, it’s understandable as it’ll take a lot of scripting, time and whatnot which could be why I think many authors don’t want to bother… but it defientlty isn’t impossible. I don’t think I have seen a story where you choose your personality yet for those reasons. But it would sure be interesting to see!

I tend to see those ‘blank states’ as you mention in many of the stories that have character customization, but not all. I think that could be fixed by having personalities available as you suggested, but not entirely. In my opinion, I think maybe more in-depth writing could fix it. I think it depends on how customization is utilized, too; like limited customization where the main character is set and written well and in depth, and isn’t meant to be us nor is a ‘blank state’. But yeah, I think being able to choose personality could help, combined with in depth writing and development with characters of those personalities

2 Likes