About episode art and commissions, I need answers :))

Hey everyone, hope you’re doing well :))
So… I had some questions for a really long time :grimacing::grimacing::grimacing: And that’s why I decided to create this thread…
I’ve seen a lot of amazing artists who are making amazing art. Some of them do them in realistic, semi-realistic or other way, and they are beautiful :heart_eyes: Most of them are taking commissions. Some of artists charge very cheap, for a lot of different reasons (for example, they just begin with commissions).
As I know it’s illegal to take commissions for drawing in episode style, even tho some of artists are pros :heart::heart:
Well for example, that’s my episode style pfp:

Summary

This is one of some examples of mine.
And yes, I do take requests, for free of course :sweat_smile::sweat_smile: because it would be illegal to take money.

BUT. I’ve seen a lot of artists, who take commissions, in episode style. I would also call it a traced style. Because, at least I, trace it, by adding some of my details, or taking them off.

Soooo… The big question is:

Where can I report them?
Or episode doesn’t really care?
(I mean, I talk about those who charge commissions for episode style drawings)
Or maybe I misunderstood something and it’s legal?
Or maybe I misunderstood something else?

I’ll appreciate any answers I’ll get :))

Btw, sorry for bad English :pleading_face::pleading_face:

5 Likes

I would suggest you to screenshot the page and then send an email to episode, like “Illegal Commissions” or something like it

2 Likes

Yeah, well I thought about that, but I don’t think episode will take any actions, or even reply… well I’ll try but I’ll probably get ignored :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

3 Likes

It’s difficult to expose them honestly :sweat_smile:
You surely have to be certain that they trace it, because sometimes it’s similar but not traced :thinking:

4 Likes

Believe me, I know this one girl, and she OBVIOUSLY traces, like, really, she doesn’t even try to hide that :sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

2 Likes

:sweat_smile: That is horrible…
People shouldn’t go to others like this.
I’ll try to support this thread as much as I can!

1 Like

Tysm :heart::smiling_face_with_three_hearts::heart::heart:

And she makes them pay ?🤦

2 Likes

It’s against the guidelines, so if you email episode (or maybe send a ticket) they will probably do something about it

3 Likes

Even if she doesn’t trace, its still episode style and should not be sold bc it’s not a style she created

2 Likes

You can always try and message them about it in a polite way saying they are not allowed to be selling episode style art, just incase they didn’t know.

2 Likes

Yes…

1 Like

Yes, I’ll definitely try :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, I will Gmail them, Ty :))

1 Like

Tysm for everyone who replied, I’ll try to Gmail them :)) ty again :heart:

1 Like