About stock characters 😐

SAME When they change clothes that is annoying its already bad end you have stock characters.

6 Likes

I mean I can kinda understand if you are writing on Mobile, but if you are on the portal. I’m done

6 Likes

I feel you it is annoying :flushed:

4 Likes

How do you use the random character generator? (This is probably a super dumb question)

1 Like

So true. It just feels like the author doesn’t care enough to put the effort in.
At least change the outfits… they’re background characters…it’s not like anyone is going to judge you on the clothing choice. Click random shiz and move on. LOL

6 Likes

Same. That’s why I always make sure to change them.

3 Likes

It doesn’t bother me that much since I read a story in which INK Kiki was the MC, the LI was Ahish and their friends were Dave and Linda lol. I mean Kiki could have at least removed her sunglasses at school, but poor Linda… How can you look so old at the age of 16?

19 Likes

I’m really lazy so default background characters (who don’t say anything) don’t bother me :rofl:
However, I do think it’s extra lazy if a default character is used for a main or even just a minor character with a speaking role.

11 Likes

You just put the name of a character that doesn’t exist in the script (for example: @GIRL is animation_name) and it will show you some box where you can choose the gender of that character etc.

Hope you understood :woman_shrugging:

7 Likes

Even more annoying when somebody makes them a main character. And gives them a different name.

No, that’s not Mei Ling. It’s ROSE.

I hate how they make the token asian girl look exactly like the Rose avatar with minor changes.

11 Likes

Same

Like I read a story once and the characters were wearing the exact same clothes for 2 years. Even in past scenes where they were kids they were also wearing the same clothes :woman_facepalming:

3 Likes

they can use the randomizer so I never really get why that is so hard for them to do

2 Likes

Exactly. It’s just as simple :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

Oh ew. Just—no. I hate seeing some default character as an extra and their outfit is still the same. Sometimes they have MULTIPLE characters that look the exact same. Same outfit. Identical twins are great…but I don’t believe there’s that many pairs of them.

6 Likes

I didn’t even realize there was a randomizer. Knowing that now makes the idea of using stock characters as major characters even more mystifying to me.

3 Likes

exaclty and they create very nice characters
2 of the ones it created for me

3 Likes

Yeah and they also create random outfits for them :ok_hand:

1 Like

Does it create their outfits as well?

1 Like

yep

1 Like

it created everything

2 Likes