About stock characters 😐

default characters . the ones you have to choose from before creating a character on the portal

2 Likes

Oh… I didn’t know they were called stock characters. To be honest, I don’t think I’ve ever used a default character as a background character in any of my stories, but some authors do. I don’t really know why authors choose to use the default characters, but they probably have their reasons. It could be laziness :woman_shrugging:t4:

6 Likes

Yes, that is pretty weird because they are supposed to be fully customized in my opinion.

4 Likes

Hehe. Ever checked out the “Share Funny Screenshots” thread? Kiki is the mean girl of every trashy INK story! :joy:

10 Likes

I don’t really like it either. Besides, making characters and outfits are fun! Why would they just leave them in default? :thinking:

7 Likes

Exactly, it’s fun to play around with features :smile:

2 Likes

Oh, I knew that was not the first time I saw this! I guess that story was just my personal favourite

1 Like

Dang :joy::joy::joy:

:joy::joy::joy:, I need you to be my friend.

2 Likes

I have never seen a story where the MC was a default character, but I have seen people use them as the MC’s best friend(s) to show ~DiVeRsItY~ by using either Hazel or Rose :roll_eyes:

I don’t care if the author uses them as background characters (I hate when they don’t change their clothes, though), but using them as the main character, love interest, best friend, or just anyone who has big speaking roles is just lazy.

12 Likes

:100:

DEFINITELY :cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

Bump :dizzy:

wow these really do look like humans

1 Like

Every time I see stock characters, I’m like “Go have a shower and wear something else!”

Same!!! Also, when I see one in the background I just stare at it like “Pearl, why are you here? Weren’t you in like 50 other schools?” :laughing:

5 Likes

Hahahha exactly.

Especially when some of the stock characters don’t even look like they’re in their 20s :joy::joy:

1 Like

Yeah, like why do people use Stella as the bff? She looks like she’s in her 40’s :rofl:

6 Likes

Haha ikr

1 Like

I remember when I found a story and the character’s best friend was literally the Limelight default dude, Charlie, but with a different name. So annoying :woman_facepalming:t3:. Couldn’t they at least have changed his outfit? His hair? His lip tone even? :pensive:

I even remember once that somebody put Dave in their mobile story and just gave him generic features that everyone uses on INK males :sneezing_face:

3 Likes