Account got overwritten?!

Hi there,
this may sound odd (and it absolutely is) but my friends account got overwritten with mine.
She logged in to the app on my phone (after i logged out) and her entire profil got overwritten with mine. Her favorite books are 1:1 mine and the story progresses are also from me so she can’t even read a story because she gets an error saying the story progress was not found (of course it wasn’t found since she never played/read the stories).
Or to make it a bit more understanding:

• She now has the same amount of diamonds that i have, befor this bug happened she had way more dias than me.
  • In her favorites are only the stories i added to mine, while the stories she added in her favorites are not there anymore.
  • We both read the story “He Loves Me” by j.h_episode. She was reading chapter 7 while i had already finished the story. Now she has my story progress, meaning it shows her she also finished the story, when she tries to replay it she gets an error message that the story progress was not found, so she can’t even replay the story let alone load it.
    She logged in with her (new) phone and it was still overwritten so she made a new account, deinstalled and re-installed the app and logged in with her new account but that one also got overwritten!

here are 2 screenshot of the errors:

2 Likes

Try logging out again.
Or deleting the app and downloading it again.

Yeah try that. If not, I have no idea. ask one of the admins for a link to filing a support ticket

Hey there @CassidyBlues I’d definitely recommend you contact our support team via help ticket :slight_smile:

We’ve tried both. I tried logging out myself and i notice that i couldn’t, i get a message where it says i successfully logged out but when i open the app again i’m still logged in (i think that’s what caused the overwritting bug in the first place), same with my friend. She also did deinstalled the app and installed it again but even after that she was still logged in, so i guess the app takes the app-saves from the phone data or something.

I’ve never tried to log out of my episode but I have gotten that episode error before.
It took a while for it to leave and never come back. It was very frustrating.
Wish you well :blush: