Adding an overlay on a moving background

Hi! I need everyone’s help. I am trying to create a scene in my story where a car is driving on the road. I found the background of the highway I want from Episode and the overlay of the car too, but I am lost on how to code it so it shows the car is moving with the moving background.

Here is the background name and overlay name:
Background: EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY
Overlay: EXT. LUXURY CAR RED PROFILE - DAY create

Any help would be great! Thank you so much!

1 Like

How would you like your scene to be?
Could you send a picture of the car overlay?

1 Like

Yes of course!

This is the car overlay

Do you want to overlay move WITH a looping background?

1 Like

You want the car to drive into/out of the scene or you plan to have the whole scene focus on the car just “driving” on the road which happens to be the looping background? :thinking:

If you want the latter, you won’t need to move the car around in the scene because the looping background already creates the illusion that the car is moving along.

1 Like

OK so all you’ll need to do is shift the overlay to the position you want the car to go. For the moving background, you have 2 options:

1 - Use a looping road background ( No movement with the car overlay is needed)
2 - Use a regular background and pan to zone 1 in time (you’ll have to cut to zone 1 if you want your car to move left)

1 Like

Okay, so how do I code it? Both the background and overlay have EXT. in the beginning

How do I code this? Can you please show me?

What @schittwriter said! Since you chose a looping background, all you’ll need to do is position the car on the road you’re done.

1 Like

I want the scene to look like the car is driving on the highway. The background I chose is a looping background.

Ofc!

So I’d code it like this:

EXT. CITY HIGHWAY LOOP - DAY

@overlay LUXURY CAR RED PROFILE - DAY create and overlay LUXURY CAR RED PROFILE - DAY opacity 1 and overlay LUXURY CAR RED PROFILE - DAY shifts to x y and overlay LUXURY CAR RED PROFILE - DAY scales to x x

3 Likes

Thank you so much! It worked! You are amazing! :hugs:

1 Like

Thank you! Anytime, love <3

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.