Adding Cel Animations

So I have seen in various stories authors adding custom, Cel animations. If you do not know what I am talking about, please look at the intro of the early chapters of a story called Dare to Dream by Sarah Robbins. You will see a beautiful animation of a couple dancing. Similarly in the intro to Folk Devils by M.Jordan, there is an animation of a tiny bike on the menu screen at the beginning of each episode. These are the two main examples I can think of, but I have seen this in many other stories as well, such as a dog running, an animated scene of the northern lights etc. Does anyone know how this is done in Episode. I am not talking about the technical process of animating in general (it would be very stupid of me to expect someone to teach me the complex and technical art of Cel animation on an internet forum), but rather how it is implemented in episode. I assume it might be using the “@OVERLAY becomes” command, with each animation frame being a separate overlay which is then changed into the next frame. But I am not sure if such a command even exists, or if its something else. Is my assumption correct? If yes, then how do you control the FPS (frame rate: how many frames/overlays are displayed in a second)? Sorry if I am just blabbering and not explaining myself well enough :sweat_smile: But if anyone knows what I am talking about please help :pleading_face:

you mean gifs?

:neutral_face: Yup! LOL now I feel so dumb.:sweat_smile:

Just type in how to use an overlay in episode in YouTube and it will pop up that’s how I learned to add my gifs :upside_down_face:

I see. So I already know how to add and position overlays in episode. But basically, you can add GIFs as overlays, right?

Yup! the amount of overlays you have to covert and add is just :skull:

Oh wow! Ok, that was super helpful, Thanks for that :blush:.

1 Like

No problem! :purple_heart:

here you have how to ad looping gif to the script

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.