Adding Muslims and Modest Clothing into Stories

I don’t understand why it’s so hard to add Muslims into stories. People make it seem like you need to have a second thought when adding a Muslim. Like, when they ask you for characters once you tell them you are Muslim or just want to wear modest, they make it seem like it’s so hard to do. If you are a Muslim or wanted to wear non-revealing clothing and wanted to play the part of a cheerleader, basketball player, etc. people say that “the outfit involves revealing clothing so I can’t add you in.” Are you kidding me?! Do you know how many Muslims athletes wear modest clothing?! That’s no excuse whatsoever. And when you do tell them you are Muslim, they show you an outfit that is revealing and that gets me pissed off. You could have ASKED if we wanted to wear it or not instead of assuming. Let me show you guys a good example of how to do this: When I gave @Skyzor my details and when I told them I wanted to wear modest clothing they SHOWED me the option of the outfit and told me “Naturally, your input is very important with your character. But I would like it if she dressed for the role. Your call in the end.” They were being polite and admitted that it was my character that you were using and it’s my choice of what I want them to wear. They were being a perfect example of how to correctly ask and put your input in as well. I really thank them for it. In the future, please be aware of a characters choice of who they are, what they want to be, and what they want to wear. Thank you. :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Clothing Representation on Muslims