Adrianna's Language Grammar Help

I am a little bit of a freak when it comes to grammar. Whilst reading a story grammar is very important, if you came across a grammatical error it could mess with your whole mood.
That is exactly the reason I made this post, to help the writers who are confused with what is what.
I do multiple languages for this. (I myself do not know them I just do the research)
I will also help you differentiate and use words such as:
Affect & Effect
Blond & Blonde
Chose & Choose
Lose & Loose
Lie & Lay

As some know some a lot of languages have feminine ways of saying a word and masculine ways.
Not many people know that the English language has that as well. That’s why I’m here to help!

4 Likes

English isn’t my first language, Spanish is. With effect and affect, I can’t really tell the difference. I’m pretty much fluent though on the most part. If you could help that would be amazing!

2 Likes

Moved to Episode Fan Community since this doesn’t fit into any Creator’s Corner category. Make sure to check out our Forum Tutorial for more info about creating topics, and feel free to PM me if you’ve got questions. :wink:

Both affected and effected are verb forms and their usage can get confusing. Effected means executed, produced, or brought about. To effect is to bring about or cause something to happen. For example, The producer wanted to use special effects to make the movie more exciting.
Effective could also mean being successful in bringing about the desired result.
Whereas affect means like a personal impact or literal impact. For example, She was affected by his death.
Hope this helped!

1 Like

Thanks so much! This really helped! :blush:

1 Like

No problem!

1 Like