Advanced Directing and Coding Help

Hi! Right now I’m in the middle of coding a fight scene and I’m having a lot of trouble. Before I start, I’d like to mention the specifics of the scene, as I think it is important to understand for anyone trying to help.

After I have CHAR1 (IAN) throw a punch, my goal is to have him throw a knife that’s twisting in the air and for CHAR2 (ALICE) to catch it. During the throw, I want to zoom in on IAN and have the camera follow the knife to ALICE’S hand.

Currently, the way I have it coded works perfectly, except for one thing: the overlay appears AFTER the animation. I’ve messed around with the timing and the ‘&’ symbol to fix this, but nothing seems to work. If it makes any sense, I’m trying to get the overlay to appear RIGHT AS the animation slapface_give_angry is ending. Honestly, this is kinda difficult to explain but if you copy and paste the code into the portal, I think you’ll see what I mean.

Any ideas on how to fix this? I’d really appreciate the help :blush:

Here’s my coding:

@IAN is punch_fight_give_angry THEN IAN is slapface_give_angry
&overlay POCKET KNIFE create
&overlay 5851790623047680_POCKET KNIFE shifts to 71 250 in zone 1 in 0
&overlay 5851790623047680_POCKET KNIFE scales to 0.105 0.105
&overlay 5851790623047680_POCKET KNIFE moves to layer 2
&overlay POCKET KNIFE opacity 1 in 0

&overlay POCKET KNIFE rotates 720 anchor point 0.5 0.5 in 1
&overlay POCKET KNIFE shifts to 211 337 in zone 1 in 1
&zoom on 289 322 to 249% in 1
&pan to zone 1 in 1

@pause for .5
@ALICE is raisehand_neutral

you can use THEN IAN starts slapface_give_angry THEN pause for 1 (or whatever works best)

1 Like

that worked great! tysm!

1 Like

no problem :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.